Question: Choosing a race trailer

diesel-don

Jan 11, 2015
WNC
I have a ccsb duramax i want to pull to events. What size trailer do you suggest? The TV will be a 3500 duramax van so no gooseneck.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I spent a lot of time looking for my truck and the consensus was to go a bit longer than you think you'd need. I had my truck on a 20' tilt trailer and it fit but it didn't leave any room to move to truck front to back so adjusting the load was tricky. It also left no space for spare tires or tools etc. I was leaning towards this trailer in 26' http://www.pjtrailers.com/trailers/t8-deckover-tilt

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I've got a 24' delta tilt trailer. 20' of it tilts.

If I was going to get another one it would be 22' tilt and 4' deck.

Mine has 7k axles and 225/75/15 tires.. It will haul a crew cab just fine.

Hoser

Jun 19, 2016
Farmington, MN
Definitely stay away from PJ Trailers, they are poorly built, the Powdercoating is garbage and many of them are imported from out of the country.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Definitely stay away from PJ Trailers, they are poorly built, the Powdercoating is garbage and many of them are imported from out of the country.

Surprised to hear this. 2 of my buddies have run them for the past few years with no issues.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne

Odd. Pj is the best known trailer around here. Them and titan are damn good.

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
Also surprised to hear that. As I have a pj 14' dump and a 36' hydraulic dovetail. So far I love them both and I know in my area at the pulls there's a ton of pj hydraulic dovetails showing up and their resale value is excellent.

Hoser

Jun 19, 2016
Farmington, MN
Everyone I know that owns a PJ is trying to sell it. Around here we say the "PJ" stands for Pure Junk. One buddy bought one after I told him time and time again not to, in less than a year it's covered in rust. One guy bumped a tree with the rear sill panel and it folded like a flapjack, not surprising since it's just thin formed steel sheet. I looked at one awhile ago, 30' gooseneck, apparently they ran out of 30' lengths of channel that day, so they literally welded two lengths together to get 30', it was atrocious. I have H&H trailers and they have held up so well, my gooseneck has been overloaded many times, not that I recommend that or tried to, but it happened, and it takes it like a champ and pulls so nice. Even when pulling a set with a 20' enclosed behind the gooseneck it tows great. Another buddy owns many trailers, currently about 15, I kept telling him to buy an H&H, he finally broke down and spent a little extra money and bought one, he told me he couldn't believe how much better that H&H pulled than ANY trailer he's ever owned, he finally said he understands why I recommend them so much. This is my personal experiences and those of good friends, take it or leave it.

Hernpj01

On a Time Out
Sep 23, 2014
Indiana
Also surprised to hear that. As I have a pj 14' dump and a 36' hydraulic dovetail. So far I love them both and I know in my area at the pulls there's a ton of pj hydraulic dovetails showing up and their resale value is excellent.

Have any info on the hydraulic doves for sale. Looking to sell my 2016 big tex 35+5 and move to a hydraulic dove