chevy 2500hd dmax clock spring

im wondering if theres a specific clock spring for a 2007 chevrolet 2500hd classic work truck duramax, because i can not find one with out going to a dealer. it has no electronic steering controls. i found this -http://www.dormanproducts.com/search.aspx?SearchTerm=525-016

but it says its for all these 1500's 2007-2003 with no steering controls. but i dont see why this wouldnt work, since my truck is a base model. why would it not work, or will it?

--THIS MIGHT BE EASIER TO UNDERSTAND-

alright guys, if you have an 07 silverado 2500hd classic WT with a 1 connector air bag setup for the steering wheel,you can use the 525016 clock spring from dorman. but the connectors are not the same and the dorman clock spring has an extra connector for the air bag like the 1500s use.

on the 525-016 dorman clock spring, for the main harness i used the white and pink wires, i took my old connector off my OEM clock spring and installed the white and pink wires, i made sure the white wire would line up with my factory white wire on my truck and connected it. i left the other 2 wires in the dorman main connector and just left it alone (unhooked). then for the air bag, on the dorman clock spring it has 2 connectors for dual setup on the air bag. i took the red and black wires, took the connector off it. then i took the connector off the OEM clock spring from my truck, and put the red and black wires in it. connected it too the air bag. the main mounting process is the same on the steering column. and i left the extra air bag wire from the new dorman clock spring alone, and tucked it in the steering wheel behind the air bag.

alright guys, if you have an 07 silverado 2500hd classic WT with a 1 connector air bag setup for the steering wheel, you can use the 525016 clock spring from dorman. but the connectors are not the same and the dorman clock spring has an extra connector for the air bag like the 1500s use. i removed the air bag connector off the dorman clock spring with red and black wires that hook to the air bag and i took my original air bag connector (all yellow) and put it on the dorman one with red and black wires. this connects to the air bag. then i take the white and pink wire pins out of the dorman connector. now you have a white and pink wire that free on the new clock spring for the main harness. take your old connector from the original clock spring and remove the pins. you want to put the new clock spring wire white, in the old original connector and make sure the white wire from the dorman harness and the white wire to the truck harness lines up. switching this connectors allows the dorman clock spring to work, then put the pink wire in the old connector and connect it to the main body harness. you will have a extra connector for the air bag but just keep in behind the air bag, don't cut it. and i left the hold connector for the main harness to body connected to the other 2 dorman wires and just zip tied it up. hope this helps someone!

if you need help, just pm me because i know its a little confusing, but all your doing is taking 2 connectors from your old clock spring and putting it on the new dorman clock spring to make it fit your air bag and your trucks body harness.

Last edited:

rsmith

Aug 11, 2011
Wow i think you nailed it! That's nice but how did you learn how to do that? Do you have any wiring diagram to share? so far i dont have any question i just wanna try everything that you made in here. if ever i got confuse im gonna ask questions. thanks :thumb: