Cannot get serpentine belt to stop squeaking.

DetailsUnlimited

Oct 26, 2009
Benton, Ar
Two napa belts and replaced idler and both pulley's. It will stop for a day with new belt, but will start back within 24hrs? Any suggestions! I will not drive my truck with a squeaking belt. I even put the old factory belt back on and for a bit it did not make a noise.

dirty_max

Jan 27, 2013
eureka il
^ thats what i would do. if the factory belt dont sqeak then use a factory belt. i had the same issue with mine. i replaced everything up front when i did the water pump and it has a little sqeak now when its cold

HurtMan

Point of no return
Dec 21, 2009
Ogden Ut.
OEM tentioner has ridge on both sides of belt to help hold it centered. After market tentioner does not have ridge. My oem tentioner got weak replaced it with a after market Canada made one that just had belt grooves all the way across it. After 3 belts I ordered a oem tentioner and problem solved $70 verses $49. Just what I found on mine.

DetailsUnlimited

Oct 26, 2009
Benton, Ar
There is a TSB out about the LLY and LBZ belts squeaking. The alignment can be off with the PS pulley but this was not my case. It was the belt. Removed old belt and recleaned all pulleys with alcohol. New belt part number is 98035628.

max allen

Jan 6, 2009
Belt replacements-

Had problem with different brand belts [GM-Dayco Gates] used for replacement on Duramax, but found that Goodyear GatorBack belt took care of problem, if can you find dealer near you !

gassux

Mar 14, 2010
does anyone know what the book time is to replace the belt at the stealership? I did it once and it's just a PITA with the shroud in the way.