canadian trans builders

dmaxed 67

Jan 3, 2009
I was wondering if anyone knows any good builders up here in canada
my 6 speed is ok now there will be atime when it needs doing we have local transmission shops just would like to meet an aliison builder

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I was wondering if anyone knows any good builders up here in canada
my 6 speed is ok now there will be atime when it needs doing we have local transmission shops just would like to meet an aliison builder

Teddy at MPL Motorsports is in Alberta IIRC he is a vendor here

dmaxed 67

Jan 3, 2009
should have stated wich province Im in bc,might be worth doing if she's driveable when I do it=)

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
There is a place in the lower mainland that does them but I don't remember the name. Maybe check over on the Diesel Place in the Canada section-somebody there was talking about getting one done down there.

bcjoe

JERK
Mar 23, 2009
Whistler British Columbia
I have my truck at robs automatics in surrey right now he's putting in one of mikes kits, he ran the tranny department at bd for several years then went out on his own. I'll let you know how the build goes.

dmaxed 67

Jan 3, 2009
I have my truck at robs automatics in surrey right now he's putting in one of mikes kits, he ran the tranny department at bd for several years then went out on his own. I'll let you know how the build goes.

ok thats he did my valve body and trans go,did you buy the parts and give them too him??what are yopu haveing done???whats the cost

Last edited:

ZR1160

TT Dmax Junkie
Jan 12, 2007
Eastern Canada
if you drop ship it to the boarder, you only have to pay the gst to get it across ( as long as the invoice is $2k or less;)...)

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
if you drop ship it to the boarder, you only have to pay the gst to get it across ( as long as the invoice is $2k or less;)...)

Interesting....
I never heard of drop shipping before.

ZR1160

TT Dmax Junkie
Jan 12, 2007
Eastern Canada
Us Maritimers use a hardware store in Calais ME, they do it for anyone, we just send it there c/o our name, and they hold it for a couple of weeks for a very small charge.