Info: Cali sled pullin' schedule is up!

cjohnson

Apr 15, 2008
High Lonesome
I assume this schedule is specific to the CSS series. Considering this is a diesel site, I feel the need to include the Antelope Valley Fair. This Pull is focused primarily on Diesel Pickups, although there will be some tractors as well. The date is Aug. 29, MLM sled, but the pull is put on by me. This year we are going to incorporate NADM rules in to the event for a couple of reasons. For one, the classes we are using, fit the trucks that attend the event, and secondly, I wanted to standardize the rules somewhat to eliminate some of the confusion and address the concerns of fairness.

Although none of this is inked in yet, here is the tentative plan.
Classes Based on NADM Rules - These are the paid classes.

Work Stock
2.6 Diesel
Super Street
Modified

Here is the good part. Don't hold me to this number, but as of right now, we should see at least a $4000 purse between these classes. Details are yet to come, but I can tell you that two of these classes will pay $800 ea. to win.
Again, I will have more positive details in the weeks to come, but things are shaping up good for this pull. This is a huge effort on the part of the fair and the others involved in putting on this pull, to expand this event. There are more good things to come which I will announce. Look forward to seeing everyone again.

Craig

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
Did i read the css web sight right? are they not having a work stock class? from the looks of it in there rules you can run a 4" turbo in there ss class.

JMK777

Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
Who is going to the css pull next weekend 4-11? last css pull i went to there was only two other dmax's there.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
I might make it, if I get all my BS stuff on the truck. sucks, I've got a stock motor with an extra turbo and it bumps me a class. But you can have a built motor, Cp3, big ass single turbo, and not need to meet the same rules.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Dang to bad Easter is Sunday :( I would have told McRat that is what I wanted to do for our Anniversary is to go to sled pull. But, instead I will be helping the hamsters dye eggs :baby:

JMK777

Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
last css pull i went to i seen people hooking to the slead with a standard hich with a shackle 3". virtical even though the rulls say no. giee them a call the number is on the web sight.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
It was a bad pull for me. I low rail limped it (p0087) damn near right out of the hole:(. I tried to taper out the fuel on Rob's race tune, guess I had too much fuel down low. I hit a whopping 26mph:eek:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
i did not see your truck on the vid how did you do ?
It was a bad pull for me. I low rail limped it (p0087) damn near right out of the hole:(. I tried to taper out the fuel on Rob's race tune, guess I had too much fuel down low. I hit a whopping 26mph:eek:

sorry to hear man , it may be a touch risky but i have my limp mode fueling set to max on my competition tunes just for this reason . and i will be in the same boat as you when i pull this year with being stuck running a higher class . should be fun though it will be my first time trying .

Last edited:

SIK LMM

Diesel Retard
Nov 26, 2008
CEN CAL
I had a good time, got second place on my first pull. I think I could of done better, but I took off in 2wd and changed it to 4wd high instead of 4wd low.
Thanks to Russ at RPM Motorsports for all the help.:hug: