c3 oilers

cafryer

May 5, 2011
Utah
What's everybody's opinion on it. Think they are worth having? I just made my own kit but the Trans won't be in the race truck for a while. will the pump keep up?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
What's everybody's opinion on it. Think they are worth having? I just made my own kit but the Trans won't be in the race truck for a while. will the pump keep up?

You have to be carefull how big the jet orifice is and the size of the line itself. Stock pressure cannot support the loss. If the pressure is too high, you will laser cut the lining right off.
Fingers is helping me with something new and I will cut the orifice size down when he is finished.
The good thing about the oiler is it sprays fuild anytime the engine is running so after a pass at the strip or pull, let it idle in park to cool the C3's down.
You won't get much action on '04.5 and later at idle because of the G solenoid knocking down 150 psi below 8% throttle. Pressure won't rise till throttle angle goes past 7%.

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
Sorry I'm late on that Mike. Machine has been down. Couldn't locate a replacement control board for the bad one in the machine. I eventually fixed the board myself and am dialing in the specs now.

Its looking real good.

:thumb:

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
Not worth having in my opinion. You can drill the case and get a set of Goerend PTO covers but why? We tested the c3 and c4's that are in your trans in multiple trucks well over 1k hp and only had 0 oiling issues.. Do what you feel you need to do for added security but IMO you'll be fine without

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Definitely think it's worth it. ANY more oil that can get to the C3's will help. Andrew, it may not help in short term built trans, but for the rest of us that built the trans once and let it live for a few years, that's the difference, IMHO.

C3 oiler will be going on my trans next week. ;)

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
I wish I would've remembered to install one when the trans was out last year for the refresh. The C3s in my SunCoast IV were smoked after 40k miles and about 150 passes. None of the oil holes were lined up however. I think it's worth it on a truck that will see street use.

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
I wish I would've remembered to install one when the trans was out last year for the refresh. The C3s in my SunCoast IV were smoked after 40k miles and about 150 passes. None of the oil holes were lined up however. I think it's worth it on a truck that will see street use.

150 passes AND 40K? i'd say you got your moneys worth. I have to disagree with your statement about the street use. I drive my truck every day, 7 days a week and have NO issues.

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
Definitely think it's worth it. ANY more oil that can get to the C3's will help. Andrew, it may not help in short term built trans, but for the rest of us that built the trans once and let it live for a few years, that's the difference, IMHO.

C3 oiler will be going on my trans next week. ;)

Last time i checked the Goerend Pto covers do what? I agree with you about the added oil not hurting but they certainly aren't a necessity.

Last edited:

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
150 passes AND 40K? i'd say you got your moneys worth. I have to disagree with your statement about the street use. I drive my truck every day, 7 days a week and have NO issues.

I'd wouldn't. The truck was only at 530 rwhp. It could've been builder error, but there are built transmissions out there with alot more miles and abuse than I had. Heck, look at Robs old LBZ for example.

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
I'd wouldn't. The truck was only at 530 rwhp. It could've been builder error, but there are built transmissions out there with alot more miles and abuse than I had. Heck, look at Robs old LBZ for example.

sounds like you should question your builder if you feel sort changed :thumb: I suppose you are going to say those 40k were easy miles too right? no street racing, no burn outs and over 150 passes. Sorry you didn't feel like you got your moneys worth. SunCoast V kits used Alto red eagle frictions. Which is what PPE and everyone else was using for years….

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
My question is why voice your opinion so hard against it? My trans has 5 years and 35,000 miles on it with 300 passes on it all 12.3-11.8's and its still good but Mike built it. My big question is why are you comparing 1000hp trucks to 500-700hp trucks?

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
sounds like you should question your builder if you feel sort changed :thumb: I suppose you are going to say those 40k were easy miles too right? no street racing, no burn outs and over 150 passes. Sorry you didn't feel like you got your moneys worth. SunCoast V kits used Alto red eagle frictions. Which is what PPE and everyone else was using for years….

I wasn't easy on it, but I didnt abuse it. For 4 grand I just expected more out of it. Maybe if I had the C3 oiler it would've lasted longer.

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
My question is why voice your opinion so hard against it? My trans has 5 years and 35,000 miles on it with 300 passes on it all 12.3-11.8's and its still good but Mike built it. My big question is why are you comparing 1000hp trucks to 500-700hp trucks?

1) i'm voicing MY opinion on it because i just set Chavis up with the parts for his transmission. The C3 oiler was developed at a time where lubrication and oiling was an issue with frictions. (ask me how i know this) The Waffle pattern in the friction was developed to do this, then advanced into the double sided.

2) What abuse is a 500-700 horse truck giving the trans that a 1k truck isn't? Not sure where you are going with "why are you comparing 1000hp trucks to 500-700hp trucks?"

No where did i say i was against it. i said that it wasn't a necessity with what i set him up with.

"My trans has 5 years and 35,000 miles on it with 300 passes on it all 12.3-11.8's and its still good but Mike built it" What relevance does this have? Are you trying to say the snake oiler is what allowed it to last this long? or the builder? or parts?

All in all NOTHING anyone puts out, frictions, oilers, steels, custom parts Etc... will withstand a build gone wrong.. With everyone looking for the lowest price to get things done, the bitterness of poor quality will always remain after the sweetness of a low price.

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
1) i'm voicing MY opinion on it because i just set Chavis up with the parts for his transmission. The C3 oiler was developed at a time where lubrication and oiling was an issue with frictions. (ask me how i know this) The Waffle pattern in the friction was developed to do this, then advanced into the double sided.

2) What abuse is a 500-700 horse truck giving the trans that a 1k truck isn't? Not sure where you are going with "why are you comparing 1000hp trucks to 500-700hp trucks?"

No where did i say i was against it. i said that it wasn't a necessity with what i set him up with.

"My trans has 5 years and 35,000 miles on it with 300 passes on it all 12.3-11.8's and its still good but Mike built it" What relevance does this have? Are you trying to say the snake oiler is what allowed it to last this long? or the builder? or parts?

All in all NOTHING anyone puts out, frictions, oilers, steels, custom parts Etc... will withstand a build gone wrong.. With everyone looking for the lowest price to get things done, the bitterness of poor quality will always remain after the sweetness of a low price.

You probably should have quoted his post and directed your reply to that specific instance, then. That would have negated the uproar about it being "not a necessity" before it started. Dont you think?

No mechanical part is infallible, not even yours. Shouldnt anything a person can do to increase life expectancy of their trans be welcomed?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Andrew why don't you tell us what you know as far as who developed the oiler and if you're wrong I will refer you to your boss, Ron.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
:box:

th_antilipepopcorn.gif