Question: Buying and bring a Canadian truck to the US

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
The guy that tried to bring Nasty Girl across was unsuccessful and ended up pulling the engine and trans and I think Curtis ended up with the roller.
There might have been some other circumstances around his issues though.

I know every used truck including my old LBZ is getting sold to wholesalers and being shipped and sold in the US so it can be done.

Reactions: MarkBroviak

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It's not too hard Ken. The more stock it is the better though. You need to know what border it will be passing through and I believe they need the paperwork 72 hours before it crosses to check out if all is legit. All recalls need to be rectified too before it crosses or it ain't going to happen.

Nick

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
It's Simon's 2007 LBZ GMC Classic SCLB 2x4, sweet truck Has a few minor things done;

The truck has around 80 000 miles great shape, I don't think it's ever seen a gravel road! Under the truck looks like new.
transgo Jr. Installed
Small efi tune from Josh H. and dsp 5 switch in dash.
Spray in box liner
Roll n lock bed cover
New tires and rims with probably 2000 miles on them I think they were 20s ?
Bd full exhaust
led light bar mounted behind the grill
tinted back window
Fass 150 pump brand new not installed
egr block plate
Pvc reroute
all headlight mod
Top of line Kenwood double din deck 8" sub center console and door speakers ...sound great with the 2 amps
alarm system think viper
auto meter boost and egr temp not installed with full dash cover that holds the gauges nice setup
Djm lowering kit and adjustable rancho shocks all way around
Caltracks
ppe tie rod sleeves only install because I had them left over lol
Old full port exhaust up pipes from Abby (made by Paul a old member ) not installed
Recon 3rd light and tail lights tinted
New lb7 mirrors replaced the ugly cheap tow mirrors
blacked out marker roof lights
roll pan with b/u cam Kenwood
shimmed fuel rail

Attachments

• 15209069_10154230540982545_1803296814_n.jpg
    15209069_10154230540982545_1803296814_n.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
Can anyone tell me what is involved in buying and then bringing a Canadian truck to the US? I have no clue.

I can't tell you the exact steps, but here in South East Michigan, it's done all the time. U.S Speedo makes a very good income converting the I.P.s over.

One of the guys at my gym, brings 300 to 500 cars / trucks in, every week.

He just has them converted to U.S. spec, so they are legal and then wholesales them out.

Hernpj01

On a Time Out
Sep 23, 2014
Indiana
the truck has to meet all USA DOT and Compliance Regulations. I have done two trucks.

They pop the hood and look for the tag that states the truck meets all regulations and emissions standards in the US, also the driver door tag states the Vehicle is US complaint. If you look at your driver door tag you should see what I am referring too.

The two trucks I brought to USA, I was lucky with because they were originally from the states so the tags matched up for me. I think if it has Canadian tags GM has to get involved.

They are also forms that customs will fill out that you will take to your local BMV to title the truck. Its been awhile for me a couple years but I'm going to look back into importing more trucks.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
You should be able to bring that across no problem Ken.
I can't believe it took him a year plus to sell that truck. It is very clean but 2wd so useless up here.