broken injector return line

yamaha537

May 26, 2011
New Jersey
Well I broke a few of the plastic pieces that the return lines are connected to taking my injectors out. How screwed am I? I already ordered new fittings and clips.

Im taking the injectors out to send them to exergy to have them made into 60%s. Should I attempt to get the pieces out of the top of the injectors or just send them out and let them do their thing?
Is there any damage beyond just buying new clips? I am really hoping I just get new parts and nothing else will become of it. from searching it seems like a pretty common thing?

TLKDRTYLLY

1833 AAV Crew Chief
Jun 9, 2013
Hampden, Maine
I personally have gone through about 5 left hand side return lines. First 2 were because my rail wasn't shimmed and they blew off under WOT. Then after my rail was plugged they never seated down inside the injector properly. (Poor design Dorman). You are supposed to hear a "Click" sound when they are fully seated. Then put the clip on and call it a day. I guess that's what I get for buying CarQuest parts. The one I am using now is Genuine GM and on injector 8 it is a metal fitting because it dead heads right there. So far so good, 600hp WOT and no leaks. I used a little gear oil to lube the O-Ring when I was seating them into the injector.

Just take a small pick and carefully try to extract it. I've had to do that as well on injectors 4 & 6 while they were in the truck. No big deal.

What do you mean is there any more damage than just buying new clips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yamaha537

May 26, 2011
New Jersey
I personally have gone through about 5 left hand side return lines. First 2 were because my rail wasn't shimmed and they blew off under WOT. Then after my rail was plugged they never seated down inside the injector properly. (Poor design Dorman). You are supposed to hear a "Click" sound when they are fully seated. Then put the clip on and call it a day. I guess that's what I get for buying CarQuest parts. The one I am using now is Genuine GM and on injector 8 it is a metal fitting because it dead heads right there. So far so good, 600hp WOT and no leaks. I used a little gear oil to lube the O-Ring when I was seating them into the injector.

Just take a small pick and carefully try to extract it. I've had to do that as well on injectors 4 & 6 while they were in the truck. No big deal.

What do you mean is there any more damage than just buying new clips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright sounds like I'm not the only one. I ordered cheap ones to replace the lines hopefully I don't run into problems like that.
Just wanted to make sure I didn't do any real damage to the injector
Thanks