Brake upgrades

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Wondering the same thing tom, I bet they would go fast. On this topic of brake I put in a set of the Russell stainless lines and it helped pedal feel alot. Flush the fluid every 2 years regardless of miles. I'd like a 11 hydrobooster and new stainless hardlines to replace all the factory stuff

Yup. I would have picked them up probably. I'm looking at doing a set now.

It's really more initial bite I'm after. I can lock up my 37s on a dry level road as it is. Some less fade would be nice too.

I wonder how the pad life is and how they will do towing. I'm going to run the 20 compound pads instead of the 10 too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I mean the pedal is firm and all but the brakes get hot easy and fade fast. Plus I have 90k on the original set, I'm due.
I'm going to guess due to rig roads and the twisting turning roads back east is why your wanting to replace? I have 124k and all 4 corners are original yet. Well I guess your alot heavier as well. Sounds like you want an obs back with all the stuff been heckling you lately

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
Get an lml lol.. Just about 190k miles on mine and everything original as far as brakes go.. And still feel good too

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
I've always been rough on brakes. These could make it to 100k but it'd be close. I even use tow haul and the turbo brake on back roads and to slow down 90% of the time trucks just heavy and the larger tires don't help and its hills everywhere.

My rotors will need changed, they've got a brake groove in them. Guess I'll check out marks slotted rotors since they are oem and get a good set of semi metallics.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Get an lml lol.. Just about 190k miles on mine and everything original as far as brakes go.. And still feel good too

Then I'd need a cp3 conversion, another trans and on and on. I'm content with this one I guess, just time for that 100k mile refresh. Plus it's gonna be paid off this year, so if I can get two more years out of it I'll keep it for a rig ride and get an lp5.

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
gmduramax, why never a drilled rotor? Have you seen be more prone to cracking? Only asking cause I purchased the severe duty kit from powerstop. And those rotors are drilled and slotted.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
gmduramax, why never a drilled rotor? Have you seen be more prone to cracking? Only asking cause I purchased the severe duty kit from powerstop. And those rotors are drilled and slotted.

A drilled rotor will always crack. Most people never have problems but for the weight these trucks can move, I wouldn't trust them.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
So the 2011 master is different than an 01-10. The fittings that thread into the 2011 master are larger.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Does anybody know the size of the fittings that go into the master cylinder? I think I can just get a male to female adapter.