Binding/rubbing sensation while turning??? (LMM)

07DuramaxHD

Diesel newbie
Feb 25, 2009
Virginia
I noticed that every once in a while there's a type of binding/rubbing sensation in the steering wheel of my truck when turning. I checked the power steering fluid yesterday and the fluid was at the "hot" level when the truck was actually cold as it had been sitting all day and I drove my other truck to work. The temperature yesterday when I checked it was roughly around 66*. Is this just me or does it seem odd that the fluid level was at the hot level? The truck only has around 8K on it and I haven't touched the power steering fluid level. The only fluids that have been changed in the truck are the front/rear diff. and the oil, both of which have been done by me. Could you guys please give me some insight as to what you think my next step should be to do? Also I'm just curious as to if you all think that this has caused any major damage to my truck? Sorry for the long post and I look forward to hearing everyone's responses.

Also...maybe someone with a new LMM would be kind enough to check their ps fluid level and report back. thanks

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I don't know about the "binding sensation". But I would not worry about your fluid level.

country boy

Get Some Performance
May 13, 2009
Florida
the new lmm power steering pumps are bs pumps they blow al the time ever if you are stock the do and if you have bigger tires or wheels or both thare are going to go for sure

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
You know, I'm not very good at this english thing but shit man.

WTF?

What do you have to backup your claim?

x2. I havent heard of this at all, or that they changed pumps from LBZ to LMM?

Hydroboost may not be the greatest setup in the world but I havent had any problems.

Maybe check your steering shaft in the engine bay to make sure nothings rubbing on it?

Otherwise, take it to the dealer! Be glad you still have your warranty and use it! :D

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
You know, I'm not very good at this english thing but shit man.

WTF?

What do you have to backup your claim?
x3

I know of a couple trucks that had to go to the delaer for the same issue they needed to realign the supsension and the body I belive. this was on stock truck just like yours 08 as well. good luck

07DuramaxHD

Diesel newbie
Feb 25, 2009
Virginia
Haven't taken it to the dealer yet since they're about an hour away from home and I've been tied up with work. As far as the vin # I'll have to go outside and check it out...

07DuramaxHD

Diesel newbie
Feb 25, 2009
Virginia
UPDATE: I wound up taking the truck into the dealership as the noise was really starting to get on my nerves. As someone earlier had stated, it wound up being the power steering pump:( I'm glad I'm still under my factory warranty but it does upset me that the pump didn't even have 9K on it and it was "faulty" according to the dealership as they tested it and found that was the problem. Anyone else had a power steering pump on an LMM replaced under warranty?