Best PreBuilt Transmission Brands

pavetim

Jan 10, 2011
I am in Tampa Florida so that's another reason I am considering suncoast as I can drive to pick it up. I heard good things about inglewood but I am not paying $700 in shipping

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I am in Tampa Florida so that's another reason I am considering suncoast as I can drive to pick it up. I heard good things about inglewood but I am not paying $700 in shipping
Pay $700 in shipping or have multiple issues with a suncoast trans 🤷‍♂️ I could never keep a suncoast converter in my truck they didn’t last long

Reactions: dndj and 2004LB7

pavetim

Jan 10, 2011
I was gonna do a goerend converter anyways but in retrospect 700 for shipping to and from I think I can deal with for a quality product. Price wise they are all pretty similar

bimmer95

Mar 16, 2019
Morgantown Pennsylvania
Only trouble I have ever had with suncoast is parts availability. Not saying there's not some issues here and there but suncoast is far from junk.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Never had a problem with suncoast. Actually I ran an off the shelf unit (basic build) at over 1000WHP for quite a while before finally losing the c1s. Got at least 30 4x4 launches and over 100 wot pulls. As for converters, the 7 series is great, 1078 is a vgt dream converter, couples hard but also allows a high flash to get spooled. I rebuilt that trans with a kit from Limitless Diesel (Inglewood) and used a goerend J converter this time around (as I increased charger sizes) and it’s held strong for 15,000 miles with WOT runs nearly everyday. This is one I put together myself with help from Evan. Couldn’t be happier with how it performs and how it’s lasted.

pavetim

Jan 10, 2011
Well for price vs quality I am going to go with inglewood they seem to be the cheapest even if I drove to pick up a suncoast. Just need to figure out if it's indeed the Trans and the shipping cause he only ships to commercial addresses so idk what I am gonna do there

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Well for price vs quality I am going to go with inglewood they seem to be the cheapest even if I drove to pick up a suncoast. Just need to figure out if it's indeed the Trans and the shipping cause he only ships to commercial addresses so idk what I am gonna do there
You literally cannot go wrong with Inglewood. Mike and Evan are arguably two of the most knowledgeable guys when it comes to Allison transmissions.