LMM: best place for drive pressure gauge

CRAWLEN

Sep 29, 2017
Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, I tired searching but Every time I search drive pressure in the forum it displays a blank screen. But everything else searches fine, also couldn't find a good answer with Google.

So what I'm curious on is where is the best spot to tap in to for a drive pressure gauge?

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Directly into the manifold. Make sure to run a spool/coil of hard tubing to dissipate the heat before it reaches the sensor or line to the gauge.

BlkMax

Sep 1, 2008
Wasilla, AK
I have used a tap in the manifold, and a tap on my ProFab uppies. I like the tapped manifold better. Use the Banks instructions for an LB7 Six Gun tuner EGT probe for a good location (it works on either side of the engine, but the passenger side is easier to get to).

I use a mechanical oil pressure gauge kit with copper tubing and brass compression ferrules for the "hard piping" then put the pressure sensor on the end of the copper tube.

If you live in a cold climate make sure the tubing coil can drain back into the manifold, otherwise condensation will be trapped in the line and freeze. :mad::mad:

CRAWLEN

Sep 29, 2017
One of the manifolds it is then, was just curious in case people were putting it somewhere the up pipes join at the turbo.
Manifolds make it far easier, will only need 1 correct as both banks should be the same ?

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
One of the manifolds it is then, was just curious in case people were putting it somewhere the up pipes join at the turbo.
Manifolds make it far easier, will only need 1 correct as both banks should be the same ?
The 2 banks should be nearly identical, so one sensor will be fine. I'd do the passenger side because there's more room to have the copper coil and it's easier to get to, but either is fine.