Battery booster packs/Jump starters

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
searched back a few pages but didnt see it. I thought there was a booster pack jump starter thread somewhere...

Or

Whats a good brand and size of booster pack that will jump start a dmax in below zero temps?

Thru a long series of unfortunate circumstances I found out the one I had under the back seat wasnt big enough:(

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
Batteries are originals and have been fine since the event a couple weeks ago.

Its was the week of that bad storm. After it passed and I got the drive cleared I pulled out headed for Quebec. Mi roads were decent, but when I crossed into Canada I caught up to the storm. Found a place to get off the highway after a while. Next day hit the road and don't think I saw a clear lane the whole day. White knuckle my way thru Toronto and Montreal. Never been past Montreal before and everything is in French no more English. Well GPS says I can make it to where I'm going by 8pm so I keep going. Get past montreal and head North. Do they have plows? I don't think so, didn't see any or the pavement for a while. Get out in the middle of nowhere and loose cell signal for 1.5 hrs. Ok 30 miles to go, I can do this. But wait what's this 40 mph cross winds on 2 laners with a 36 ft 5th. Wheel. Finally, dealer lot is in sight, nice a tight entrance, I'll just swing a wide turn and pull in. NOpe, some ricer tard comes out nowhere and blocks half the street and I about rip half the lower body panel off the trailer on a snow bank. But all is good now, I'm at the dealer safe and sound, they get in at 8am. I'll just catch a nap and when they get here unhook this thing and be done. Sunrises, I'll start the truck to warm up a bit, nope. I left the trailer running lights on all night (and may have been stuff on inside the trailer too. No problem, got my jump starter under the back seat, yup fully charged. FAIL. Click click click. Ugg. Well I got a propane buddy heater in the back. I'll warm up with that till 8 when they get here. Hmmm 8 am, noone here. Hmmmm. 830, maybe time is different in french. Hmmm 9, still noone. Hey I got my cell signal back and the owners cell phone number! Oh I'm at your storage lot, your main lot is a mile up the road, no I don't think I'm going to come down there. You should probably send someone down here:).
So, got the truck jumped and didn't shut it off for 6 hours or so. Started back up fine and has been fine since.

Seeing a few different ones online. I think I want one that can charge off 12volt. I'm seeing some that only charge off 110. Just don't want to get one that's too small