ATS trans help???

DirtyMax102

Jan 8, 2011
Cherokee,NC
I just installed a fully built stage 3 into my lly with tuning from crank it up diesel. i have broke it in for probably two hundred miles and have finally started to get on it a little bit and 1 through 3 are extremely strong with no problems as soon as i get into 4 it feels like its defueling and along with 5 and no smoke it will black out the road in the lower gears.

DirtyMax102

Jan 8, 2011
Cherokee,NC
ya its awful like my stock trans was better in those gears than this one is idk what it is the ppl at ats said 1000 mile break in but no matter what it should still have power in those gears ya know

DirtyMax102

Jan 8, 2011
Cherokee,NC
he didnt put the trans in im from nc and put it in at my buddies shop here in nc but i got the tunes from him i havent had a chance to talk to him but so far i love the tunes just not in 4 or 5 gear haha and that could be something other than the tunes

DirtyMax102

Jan 8, 2011
Cherokee,NC
Do you think fuel pressure would do that? it makes sense now i havent got my fass on there yet and my pressure guage doesnt work so that could very easily be it

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
It sounds like your starving for fuel to me also. Do you get a bad 4-5 shift when its acting up. If I forget to turn my lift pump on My truck falls on its face in 4th gear and when it shifts to 5th it shifts bad.

DirtyMax102

Jan 8, 2011
Cherokee,NC
ya like 1-3 are ridiculous then fourth falls on its face completely and when it tries to go in to fifth it does all that over drive crap and feels like it has 0 power

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
Lift pump should go on if want that bigger tune life. Give it the fuel EFI is your friend for making it come together sounds like. Huge tires and lift on it from the pic is calling for more power too when it's getting hammered on.