April '24 Chat --- Got Jokes?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
This is what my friend said after watching it

"Yeah went and saw it. Was basically a movie about the journalists not about the war. And even though they didn't actually say any political stuff, it was very obvious that the president was supposed to be trump. Very leftist perspective even though they tried to make it "non-partisan"

Reactions: malibu795

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Was it any good?
On the script? Decent, your jumping from one altercation to the next without much really anything tieing the stuff together other hey we're driving again..
Realism? Decent though I think it will be substantially worse in real life. It is a R rated film.

Gun play is definitely above avg, from round count/mag changes, bullet hits on person and surrounding area, decent movement of force.

Didn't really get my adrenaline running even for a VET... saw 1245 showing for $8.00, B at best

Reactions: 2004LB7

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
This is what my friend said after watching it

"Yeah went and saw it. Was basically a movie about the journalists not about the war. And even though they didn't actually say any political stuff, it was very obvious that the president was supposed to be trump. Very leftist perspective even though they tried to make it "non-partisan"
I.saw it as more a stab at old establishment vs left or right. Which I kinda agree with to a point..

They drop you in at the last days/weeks of the war..no clue how/what/when/why it started .. all we know is there's a 3 term president.. which means shitts gone sideways very badly in some direction.

Last edited:

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
The old muddy Ohio did a double tap on us this past weekend. Went down to just below flood stage, then more rain took it back up to almost where it was the week before. However, this time, it provided some excitement.

A moring of 20 loaded barges broke loose in Pittsburgh and took out a marina, then lodged up at the dam. One sunk souht of the dam somewhere. That happened here in 2005 and several sunk, blocking the control gates, and they couldn't maintain water level in that pool. It shut down the Ohio River for a month.

But Friday just north of me, one got loose again and slammed a railroad bridge, just as a train load of chemicals was crossing. No major damage, so it didn't make national news. It could have been another Baltimore bridge day, with a dash of East Palestine OH derailment tossed in..

19ee9200617469c88f671a3ff7a22b99.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Reactions: lutzjk913 and Dm23

Dm23

Mar 8, 2019
Socal
On the script? Decent, your jumping from one altercation to the next without much really anything tieing the stuff together other hey we're driving again..
Realism? Decent though I think it will be substantially worse in real life. It is a R rated film.

Gun play is definitely above avg, from round count/mag changes, bullet hits on person and surrounding area, decent movement of force.

Didn't really get my adrenaline running even for a VET... saw 1245 showing for $8.00, B at best
Sounds like something to kill some spare time. I will have to check it out.

Reactions: malibu795

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Some safety rules make sense, others nope none.
Almost All this customer docks gravity pulls the truck to the dock especially tractor trailers..

General practice for me is to dump the trailer suspension when load/unload for more stability. I've had upwards of 30k moving around, between load and forklift, on the trailer deck.

IMG_20240417_110539000.jpg

Ok.. yes they insisted I chock the axle in the air as well.
IMG_20240417_110547153.jpg

Some places require hard hats in which the smallest thing being carried doesn't give a shit about a hard hard..
Safety glasses are big in some as well.. have to improperly wear those to keep them from fogging up so I don't fall off the truck.. haven't been stupid enough to cash in on unsaved safety rules..

And most places have killed guys wearing more PPE🤦🏻‍♂️

Can't count the times I've jack my neck up wearing a hard hat and walking under something I clear without a hard hat.. I'm sure I'll pay for that eventually

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 68ss and 2004LB7

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Aah the Saftey Nazi's... I love a good Safety Nazi battle.

So 1 job site required hard hat, safety goggles, some abrasion resistant sleeves because we were installing equipment in an area where sheetmetal was being handled even though the equipment that was being installed was roped off and not directly in line with any of the production stuff. Any way, after completing all the stupid safety courses through our own company that pays for these courses and they are certified and required to re-test every other year, We had to take a safety course through this specific company... and I am talking an all day course with videos and explanations... We then had to provide our own lock out tag out kits for each machine we worked on. The Best Part, CAL OSHA... Yes that right California has it own special OSHA rules that go above and beyond the standard OSHA rules....

So You are not allowed to be more than 4 feet off the ground with out a Safety harness and fall arrest set up. Yes I said 4 feet not the standard 6 feet.
So I asked well how does that work? She proceeds to explain the rigging set up and said yes, I understand the rigging set up but at that time no one sold a 4 foot tether for the rigging set up and regular OSHA is 6 Feet. So she continues to argue that CAL OSHA is 4 feet no exceptions... I said but regular OSHA states you can not modify or choke up the tether to make it shorter. So I asked Can I sue you, the Company and Cal OSHA if I fall From 4 feet with a 6 foot teether and break my ankle or get injured in any other way? She said No, I would likely get in trouble and get fined for not having the proper equipment. So I asked How do you purpose I stay in compliance sense I can not modify a 6 foot harness and no one sells a 4 foot harness that I am aware of? The only answer she could give was that's not her responsibility. She is there to enforce the rules, it's my responsibility to have the proper gear and abide by the rules or I will be kicked off the Job site. It was at this point I was told if you need to go higher than 4 foot just ask one of our employees and will get it taken care of for you.

Needless to say she didn't last long. I was informed she was fired a few months later.:ROFLMAO:

I also got caught at government facility because I removed my safety glasses to inspect a part that I had removed from a downed machine. He told me how dangerous it was and that its the rules and he was going to write me up. Any way, when I was done with him he said look, just do me a favor. Put them on while I am here. As soon as walk out the other door I don't care what you do.... If any one ask, please just tell them I gave you a warning. I put them on and said I can respect that we shook hands, he walked away and was able to finish my job and i never saw him again...

And the reason I removed them was the back reflection from the over head lights was causing a glare making it difficult focus on fine detail area looking for cracks or damage on the part.

Reactions: 2004LB7

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
The question "how much paperwork do you want to do for un-safe as safety policy do you want to do?" Usually stops them pretty quickly.
Unwarranted requirements of an unnatural ergonomic work place is a safety issue.

Unfortunately when I fall I don't bounce like I use to.. kinda go splat and moan in agony....and it's a bunch of pain to prove a point that I don't want to go through

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Dont get me started on "safety" in the workplace. To the company, safety is a cost. They want costs controlled. Thats why there's workplace "safety" rules.
But actually working safely or having a safe work environment is only truly important to the individual.

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
The old muddy Ohio did a double tap on us this past weekend. Went down to just below flood stage, then more rain took it back up to almost where it was the week before. However, this time, it provided some excitement.

A moring of 20 loaded barges broke loose in Pittsburgh and took out a marina, then lodged up at the dam. One sunk souht of the dam somewhere. That happened here in 2005 and several sunk, blocking the control gates, and they couldn't maintain water level in that pool. It shut down the Ohio River for a month.

But Friday just north of me, one got loose again and slammed a railroad bridge, just as a train load of chemicals was crossing. No major damage, so it didn't make national news. It could have been another Baltimore bridge day, with a dash of East Palestine OH derailment tossed in..

19ee9200617469c88f671a3ff7a22b99.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

There is more headed your way. We got blasted last night again.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Aah the Saftey Nazi's... I love a good Safety Nazi battle.

So 1 job site required hard hat, safety goggles, some abrasion resistant sleeves because we were installing equipment in an area where sheetmetal was being handled even though the equipment that was being installed was roped off and not directly in line with any of the production stuff. Any way, after completing all the stupid safety courses through our own company that pays for these courses and they are certified and required to re-test every other year, We had to take a safety course through this specific company... and I am talking an all day course with videos and explanations... We then had to provide our own lock out tag out kits for each machine we worked on. The Best Part, CAL OSHA... Yes that right California has it own special OSHA rules that go above and beyond the standard OSHA rules....

So You are not allowed to be more than 4 feet off the ground with out a Safety harness and fall arrest set up. Yes I said 4 feet not the standard 6 feet.
So I asked well how does that work? She proceeds to explain the rigging set up and said yes, I understand the rigging set up but at that time no one sold a 4 foot tether for the rigging set up and regular OSHA is 6 Feet. So she continues to argue that CAL OSHA is 4 feet no exceptions... I said but regular OSHA states you can not modify or choke up the tether to make it shorter. So I asked Can I sue you, the Company and Cal OSHA if I fall From 4 feet with a 6 foot teether and break my ankle or get injured in any other way? She said No, I would likely get in trouble and get fined for not having the proper equipment. So I asked How do you purpose I stay in compliance sense I can not modify a 6 foot harness and no one sells a 4 foot harness that I am aware of? The only answer she could give was that's not her responsibility. She is there to enforce the rules, it's my responsibility to have the proper gear and abide by the rules or I will be kicked off the Job site. It was at this point I was told if you need to go higher than 4 foot just ask one of our employees and will get it taken care of for you.

Needless to say she didn't last long. I was informed she was fired a few months later.:ROFLMAO:

I also got caught at government facility because I removed my safety glasses to inspect a part that I had removed from a downed machine. He told me how dangerous it was and that its the rules and he was going to write me up. Any way, when I was done with him he said look, just do me a favor. Put them on while I am here. As soon as walk out the other door I don't care what you do.... If any one ask, please just tell them I gave you a warning. I put them on and said I can respect that we shook hands, he walked away and was able to finish my job and i never saw him again...

And the reason I removed them was the back reflection from the over head lights was causing a glare making it difficult focus on fine detail area looking for cracks or damage on the part.
I've had my share of OSHA BS too. We got around that 4" harness issue by getting a bunch of those small painters scaffolds with the railings. No harness requirement with railings.

We had another job where the contractor was enforcing a gloves rule and sending safety officers around to catch people not wearing gloves. Issuing warnings or kicking people off the job. So when I had to type up our safety guidelines for the project and submit them for approval I snuck in a little provision to allow the workers to remove gloves if the tools they where using can get caught in the gloves and cause more injury then without them. Things like saws, drills and the like but left it pretty broad for the employees discretion. So when the head safety officer didn't see that provision having to read over hundreds of pages from all the sub contractors he signed off and we where able to give all the inspectors the proverbial middle finger every time they told us to put our gloves on. It was fun being able to see them walk away frustrated they couldn't nab us with anything

Reactions: 1FastBrick

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Dont get me started on "safety" in the workplace. To the company, safety is a cost. They want costs controlled. Thats why there's workplace "safety" rules.
But actually working safely or having a safe work environment is only truly important to the individual.
Don't tell safet man it's safety 3rd lol

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I have a transmission question...

Allison 1000, picked up a core to rebuild. Noticed the washer between the pump / stator housing and the drum was broken and some scoring on the p1 drive flange where it touched the c3 plate. No big deal, seller claimed truck was in a rollover. Didn't find anything else wrong other than some burnt frictions. Bearings in the rear half all looked great, no physical damage to the planets.

Upon assembly I dropped the c1 / c2 drum in and it's resting on the c3 backing plate? I tried a spare drum and same thing

20240418_063332.jpg

Mikey52

Sep 20, 2018

Allison 1000, picked up a core to rebuild. Noticed the washer between the pump / stator housing and the drum was broken and some scoring on the p1 drive flange where it touched the c3 plate. No big deal, seller claimed truck was in a rollover. Didn't find anything else wrong other than some burnt frictions. Bearings in the rear half all looked great, no physical damage to the planets.

Upon assembly I dropped the c1 / c2 drum in and it's resting on the c3 backing plate? I tried a spare drum and same thing

View attachment 123113

I think you need a 4 ft scaffold, and a 6 ft safety sling to fix that tranny.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan

View attachment 123113
At this time, I think walking away from it would be prudent. Whats aluminum scrap prices like right now?