Anyone with the Skyjacker 3" kit

TwoTone

Mmm tits
Apr 30, 2008
If you have the kit post up on how you like it and pictures if you have them.
I really want to put another 3.5" under my truck so I can run 35x12.5r20s but I refuse to crank my truck up more to fit them. And I think this lift would allow me to still pull trailers

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
I have a friend that has one bought but hasn't had time to install yet. I'm anxious to see it I think it may be what I'd need to keep from having to let my front end down to pull/ race.

TwoTone

Mmm tits
Apr 30, 2008
Listen Hoss. My truck has already been trimmed for a long time. Though I have to think you're incompetent if you need a saw to trim. I don't need much more than I have right now to fit the tires I want and I don't want a 4" for trailer pulling. I guess you can't get the thought of wheels with the right offset figured out but trust me I know what I'm doing :thumb:

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
I would just chill your jets a bit. These guys are just messing with you. You might jump on me for this but I have run a ton of different suspension combinations and have owned over 15 Duramax powered trucks and I would stay FAR away from anything skyjacker especially on an expensive truck. I think you should look into NorCal truck and the Cognito products they offer. You will be happy you did.

dbev24

Oct 27, 2011
Darlington pa
Listen Hoss. My truck has already been trimmed for a long time. Though I have to think you're incompetent if you need a saw to trim. I don't need much more than I have right now to fit the tires I want and I don't want a 4" for trailer pulling. I guess you can't get the thought of wheels with the right offset figured out but trust me I know what I'm doing :thumb:

If you know whatyour doin then why would you be asking questions?:rolleyes: 4" is just fine to pull a trailer to just so you know, oh wait you know what your doin:thumb:

TwoTone

Mmm tits
Apr 30, 2008
I would just chill your jets a bit. These guys are just messing with you. You might jump on me for this but I have run a ton of different suspension combinations and have owned over 15 Duramax powered trucks and I would stay FAR away from anything skyjacker especially on an expensive truck. I think you should look into NorCal truck and the Cognito products they offer. You will be happy you did.

Why would I jump on you for giving actually having some input that isn't being an ass? Anyway why would you stay away from Skyjacker? You say you have owned those trucks but you do not say you have used Skyjacker. I have indeed looked into the Cognito. It is a viable option though I don't like the price when the only thing I would like over say a Tuff Country (which I had the 6" version on a Duramax) is the NTBD. Also I have spent money with Nick before so I know his service would keep me happy.

If you know whatyour doin then why would you be asking questions?:rolleyes: 4" is just fine to pull a trailer to just so you know, oh wait you know what your doin:thumb:

I know what I'm doing as in I don't need that guy with wide wheels set way out from the fenders telling me I will need to beat my fenders in when I can get a set of wheels (much like I have now) that will tuck in very nicely. Yes you CAN pull a trailer with a 4" lift but I would rather not when there are several other HD trucks that pull the same trailers and I don't want much difference between them if I can help it.
Sorry if I came off as an asshole in my earlier posts but it gets annoying when I ask questions about something and people completely ignore them and tell me what I should do instead.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
I would look at the 4" TC. I know you say you want a 3", but that lift turned down is the same height as my buddies stock truck with cranked bars (stock keys). Maybe I can get you a picture of our trucks side by side and fender measurements because they are almost clones of each other except mine is lifted.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
X3-4 on 4in. Id bet he was sayin sawsall because u will need to cut the top lobe off the front diff. Some 4in u will have to also. I would bet any 4in turned down to 3-3.5 will ride better, look nicer, and align easier. Ive had many lifts and i to would stay away from skyjacker.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
If you run the sky jacker kit your gunna have to crank the front end some still to clear 35s. Not worth it when you can go 1" more for the same price, have flater cv and steering angles, and a nice ride.

Sledheadxp800r

That was only my tow tune
Dec 13, 2010
CT
You're the one who started being an asshole. I simply said I would go with a 4" over the 3" and you basically told me to go f+%k myself. I don't care what lift you buy and how shitty your truck rides when it's done. Do what you want since you are the all mighty master of suspension, wheel width and offset. :joker:

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
Skyjacker is trash...period. I might put it on a cheap jeep that I was planning to beat the shit out of but even then would be well down the list. It just isn't quality stuff. Cognito is expensive for a reason...it is worth it. It is the best "lift kit" on the market. However, many guys have run the TC kits and they are quality and quite a bit cheaper. It is good advice to get the 4" and turn it all the way down. You will get a nice ride and the lift you want to clear those tires. You mentioned that you for sure didn't want to turn your torsions up any more and the Skyjacker would require that to get the lift you desire. That in itself should disqualify it.

TwoTone

Mmm tits
Apr 30, 2008
I would look at the 4" TC. I know you say you want a 3", but that lift turned down is the same height as my buddies stock truck with cranked bars (stock keys). Maybe I can get you a picture of our trucks side by side and fender measurements because they are almost clones of each other except mine is lifted.

If you wouldn't mind. I have a friend with a 05 the 4" TC and the way he has his set it looks almost identical to my 04 with the 6" TC other than he is running 35s under his cutouts where as I ran 37s

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
If you wouldn't mind. I have a friend with a 05 the 4" TC and the way he has his set it looks almost identical to my 04 with the 6" TC other than he is running 35s under his cutouts where as I ran 37s

I can get them Saturday. Your friend must have it turned up.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
A 4 in lift turned down will fit 33s nice. Wont fit 35s. 4 in turned down would be the way to go for sure. Thats what i wanna do here eventually also, because i also pull trailers often. I own a landscaping company. Ive lifted a few trucks with the 4in turned down and u can barely tell a difference to a truck with keys turned up. Whatever u decide to do post some pics, love the new body style lifted.

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
F-off Aaron :D

You suck.

I know the Cognito is a lot more but I love my kit, can't speak for Skyjacker, but I know you love to use your truck as a truck so if you have any doubt I would pass.

What kind of trailers to do have? Fifth wheels?

I tow around 18k all day long with my truck and the hitch we use on all of our leveled GMC's vesus my Cogntio 4-6" NTBD set around 5"

I'm probably going to buy my own hitch though when I get the 35's on because my truck will sit another 2 1/2" taller than it does right now and the trailer won't be so level anymore.

TwoTone

Mmm tits
Apr 30, 2008
A 4 in lift turned down will fit 33s nice. Wont fit 35s. 4 in turned down would be the way to go for sure. Thats what i wanna do here eventually also, because i also pull trailers often. I own a landscaping company. Ive lifted a few trucks with the 4in turned down and u can barely tell a difference to a truck with keys turned up. Whatever u decide to do post some pics, love the new body style lifted.

I'm running 33s right now and am trimmed to the back of the fender. I think if I set a 4" low it would only net me about 3" since I am cranked right now. In the back I would just go with a 2" block. I think I have myself pretty convinced to get a 4" now. Now I just have to decide whether the cognito's price is worth it over the Tuff Country.

F-off Aaron :D

You suck.

I know the Cognito is a lot more but I love my kit, can't speak for Skyjacker, but I know you love to use your truck as a truck so if you have any doubt I would pass.

What kind of trailers to do have? Fifth wheels?

I tow around 18k all day long with my truck and the hitch we use on all of our leveled GMC's vesus my Cogntio 4-6" NTBD set around 5"

I'm probably going to buy my own hitch though when I get the 35's on because my truck will sit another 2 1/2" taller than it does right now and the trailer won't be so level anymore.

Our trailers are gooseneck hay/truck trailers and a cattle trailer.
I think it wont be to big of a deal if I don't go any bigger in the back than 2". It wont be to cali but I like a tit bit of cali anyway
And you know damn well you love me Corny