Anyone recognize this truck?

Chevmeister

Big Dooley
Dec 3, 2010
Garnet Valley, Pa
Have one of the guys run a vin check, you can tell what dealer it came from and what the dealer has done for starters. After that it's all detective work. Pull the starter and see If the converter is painted. Other than that I don't know how to tell what secret squirrels are in there.

HogAssWild

Nov 12, 2009
If its got a stock trans.. you'll know it when robs tunes get there

Call I.I they should be able to lead u in the right direction

'strokeThis_'07

Oct 2, 2009
Laramie, WY
Crank the tunes up, you'll know if the trans is built pretty quick:D

Nice truck though. I don't know that you'll get far calling Industrial though. They shouldn't be giving out that info to random people calling anyway. Best bet, start from new and who bought it. Guys do it all the time for 40+yo vehicles, I'm sure a year old truck can be done as well

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
No need to pull the starter just pop the inspection plate out. :)

x2. The big rectangle one in front of the spin on filter. Would be hard to see anything through the starter hole anyway.

kirk12

Dec 26, 2010
Liberty, Tx
Well my dsp5 tune is sitting in my inbox, but I'm at Disney world with the kids so as soon as I get back EFI live will be on.:D

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
You might try calling II and see if they recognize the truck.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
X3 on inspection plate being best way to tell on the trans.

I dont think someone who bought twins would put only a converter in there so its safe to assume that:

Stock bare converter=stock trans.
Painted converter=built trans of some sort.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
X3 on inspection plate being best way to tell on the trans.

I dont think someone who bought twins would put only a converter in there so its safe to assume that:

Stock bare converter=stock trans.
Painted converter=built trans of some sort.

Suncoast doesn't paint their converters if I recall? So I'd be looking for a drain plug in the converter.

Why do you believe or makes you believe it has one, a converter, to begin with? If it does I would tend to believe some work has been done to the transmission. I wouldn't think someone who had the funds to do twins would pull the transmission JUST to put a converter in it without additional work. How much? I dunno but depending on what you want to do with the truck it might be enough. Only the original owner will know unless you take it apart and find out.

I'm also on the side of the fence that believes nothing has been done internally to the motor so I'd be overcareful about turning the wick up to full potential of the twin CP3's.

Nice truck nonetheless. Would be nice to talk to the original owner. But if he lost it or had to sell it because of the economy he might not want to hear from you either. He might be scorned after spending all that coin and NOT be able to enjoy.

Last edited:

kirk12

Dec 26, 2010
Liberty, Tx
Haha that's funny Holton.

Yes I did find it on eBay. Also I have already pulled the cover on the trans and the converter is painted, kind of a tan color.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
All the Suncoast converters I've seen are a sort of gray color.

kirk12

Dec 26, 2010
Liberty, Tx
Still cant find original owner or the shop that did the work to it. Would be nice to know if it has stock injectors or not.