Another pump bites the dust

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Some asslicker went my my house on their fourwheeler and yelled a nice word that pissed me the **** off so I chased them down, just to find out it was some punk kids.

Well I chewed up another power steering pump in the process, will the LML pump bolt up to an LMM???

If it will, I need a good LML pump if not I'm needing a LOW mileage LBZ/LMM pump, it wouldn't matter the year but I'd like the resirvior to be silver to match the motor.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I'm pretty sure the 2011 do fit and they are slightly upgraded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I need a new/upgraded pump on my lbz and a new steering gearbox along with new lines...it's all tired. I thought the lmm pumps were the best you could get? I know they are an upgrade for the lbz, but would a lml fit an lbz if it truly is an upgrade?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Moved into Chassis/Suspension. Sorry to hear you burned another one up, Reger. Something else has to be going on....

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
I thought the hydroboost might be crapping out, but the brakes work great, and it's not getting hot like the hydro boost stayed on my LLY when it was bad, lines are new, pump was a GM pump, it was used but worked perfect until yesterday, I noticed it hesitated in town yesterday in town at the drive thru, but didn't do it again.

Steering box has some play out of nowhere, guess I'll start changing it all.

BTW, this is pump number 3 in 70k miles, been flushed every 10k with valvoline p/s fluid. I put some seal conditioner in this last go around and it helped with the leaking output on the searing box.

Last edited:

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
I didn't run it that hard. It was a dirt road so it wasn't like I could do 100, think all the turns got it.

Do they mount in the factory spot or do I have to change up a bunch of stuff?? Im really getting sick of the weak steering. I put 4 boxes, 5 pumps and two hydroboosts on my LLY, this truck has 89k and I'm racking them up already.

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
As far as I know its a drop in replacement, but I haven't done much more than look at the specs. They make a box as well that is highly regarded. I think most people go GM here so there is a lack of forum reviews. PSC is a bang up company, redhead is also good but get mixed reviews on their boxes.

Keep us posted on what you choose and how it works as I know i'll be doing the same thing come spring. Just got my driven diesel stainless HB lines to go in, i'm hoping there will be some differences from that :) Pain in the ass to turn the wheel when plowing

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
yeah haha thats the one...they dont list a box so you may have to call to get one. Reports of people with 37"s turning the wheels stationary with 1 finger. A far cry from how my steering reacts.

If you dont have already, sounds like you're a good candidate to add in a cooler.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
So I drove just under 300 miles today, power steering worked fine, I don't get it, but I ordered a PSC pump anyhow, steering box in next, gotta get this steering shit nipped in the ass before may, I got other things to blow money on for a while.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I'll tell you right now, the PSC isn't the end all pump. I've seen bad ones from day one from them and good ones that last for years on end in race cars. Hell one guy had 10 miles on his pump and the shaft cracked and spit a seal 3 miles into the rubicon trail we were running (12 hour drive and it all ended for him in a few hours. Talk about a shitty trip).

I'd love to do their pump and box at some point but I know going into it I'll be carrying a spare pump for trips

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
Well **** me running, I kind of figured there'd be more to it. But, It has to help move the larger tires.

Weighed my truck today with the fuel cell empty, 7980, not bad but most the weights on that front end.

AJH

Sep 7, 2015
Memphis TN
That's not bad my lbz was 7880 with me in it low on fuel. You with a bumper and 35s I figured it would be more.