All in truck or PPEI

Dm23

Mar 8, 2019
Socal
So I’m trying to decide what may better option would be for tuning. I’m currently running PPEI tuning for my truck now. I just bought a Danville 65mm turbo and fleeces powerflo 750 10mm cp3. I’m looking to update the tuning. But not sure which route to go. All in truck performance would cost me about $600 for new tunes or I could go with pppei for about $100. I see that all in truck deals a lot with Danville’s turbos and have seen good things with that company for The LML platform. I haven’t seen or heard to much about ppei on how there tuning would be with the aftermarket turbo and cp3 on the LML’s. Any help/ knowledge would be great. Thanks for your input.

Garrett

Dm23

Mar 8, 2019
Socal
To be honest. I heard or read somewhere that he wasn’t tuning LML. It could been an old thread from another forum. But I’m surely open to other options than just the 2 that I mentioned in the post.

coker6365

Coker6303's ***** Daddy
Dec 4, 2011
Call Danville before switching tuners. If the tuner is not approved by Danville, the warranty on the turbo will likely be void if it is a new unit due to overspeeding and causing issues.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Chad006

Drag racer wannabe
Feb 12, 2015
Goodlow, B.C.
Can’t go wrong with either Danville or Aaron (all in trucks). I have had multiple tunes from both Aaron and ppei and would choose Aaron’s tunes all day long. Not only because of drivability but service after the fact at All in trucks is absolutely second to none, Aaron’s a stand up guy.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Know one knows tuning Danville VGT turbos better than Danville. I've never understood why guys buy a turbo from Danville, than have some other tuner tune it...

Just my :2cents:

Dm23

Mar 8, 2019
Socal
Just to ask around and see what else is out there. Just getting others ideas and opinions

weazel

Oct 5, 2011
Mason, TX
Yeah I’d steer clear of PPEI. I had his tunes on an lly, and they were weak!
Heard lots of good things about Danville tho.

monster50iii

Dec 5, 2014
Mark's stuff shit and gets! He knows how to tube the vgt side very well. Especially with larger ones. I have alot respect for Kory, he is a pioneer, but when it comes to tuning a Danville vgt....Mark is the only way to go. Super nice guy as well

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I guess maybe I'm just too dumb to understand, but how is tuning a Danville VGT turbo any different than tuning any other VGT? Or for that matter, how is it different than tuning any aftermarket turbo? Playing with timing and fuel pressures will affect spool times to a certain degree, but unless you are disabling the ECM's control over the vanes to achieve desired boost and setting it to strictly look at desired vane tables, there isn't really anything you can do to make a VGT spool any quicker than any other turbo. Like I said, maybe I just don't get it.

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
I think the deal is some log and fix the vain table so it doesn’t hunt around for the correct percentage to get x amount of boost, were others don’t or won’t spend much time on it. And were it really counts is the other misc vain tables like the min/max tables, open/closed loop table, ect were you can tighten the range up in the lower areas to limit vain travel.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
I think the deal is some log and fix the vain table so it doesn’t hunt around for the correct percentage to get x amount of boost, were others don’t or won’t spend much time on it. And were it really counts is the other misc vain tables like the min/max tables, open/closed loop table, ect were you can tighten the range up in the lower areas to limit vain travel.

Not sure how many tuners actually have the full control over the vanes and fuel system without mapping in all the missing tables with a CAX File.

There is a lot missing in the editor.

We have been tuning the Danville Charger and all the others for a while, in fact we got the first 65 from Mark on one of our dealers trucks years ago.

:cool:

Dm23

Mar 8, 2019
Socal
Called Eric at Danville and left a massage to get back to me on tuning. See what happens