All-6-On Mod! And a major NOOB move!

scratchrob13

<---30+ psi (both)
Jun 18, 2008
Boston|Suffield,CT|Lincoln,NH
I recently got DDM 5000k 55W Lo Beams and DDM 3000k 35W (Euro kid at heart, don't be a :hater:) Fog Lights...

I installed the low beams a couple weeks ago, and just got the fogs installed this afternoon... so after I got them in I wanted to get the "All 4 mod" to change to the "All 6" if you will.

Its pretty well documented on how to do it... But its pin 85 on the relay's you want to connect via diodes...

Anyways here is what they look like in "Highbeam mode"
IMG_3149.jpg

And here is me being an idiot:

First the wire Ben (duratothemax) built me a couple months ago for the Hi&Lo mod...
IMG_3146.jpg

Next, what I did thinking it would be great and clean:
IMG_3147.jpg

IMG_3148.jpg

...LOL, I dunno why I thought this was going to work. It just feeds the Low beam direct to fog, so I always have fogs on now... lost control to turn them off... which really isn't a big deal to me, but I am going to radio shack to pick up a couple diodes soon to do this mess correctly... oh well :rofl:

SgtKilroy

'Merica!
Sep 30, 2009
SoCal
Nice. I'd definitely put the diode in though. Some states/cops are a bit touchy about having all 6 lights on at the same time. Something about blinding little ricers or something...I dunno. :D:thumb:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Really? I dunno if the cops around me would even now about the fogs on with the high beams. If you get behind them or if they're coming at you in the opposite lane and you don't click them (high beams) off then I could see them getting pissed.

I know one thing I have the Kennedy Diesel harness in my truck where the low beams stay on when you turn on the high beams with Phillips Rally 55w lows and 100w highs and mister I'll tell you people will be flicking you MAD if you don't dim them down. :D

That and if someone wont yield the passing lane at night and you go all 4 on and the entire inside of their car is illuminated they get over REAL quick! And then they are pissed off big time. So you better have a truck that hauls ass or be ready to scrap. :rofl:

scratchrob13

<---30+ psi (both)
Jun 18, 2008
I still can shut off my highbeams... so no real issue. But yeah, I am going to fix it.

I don't see the cops getting touchy around the northeast with all 6 on... however if they wanted to bust your balls... they sure will.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I still can shut off my highbeams... so no real issue. But yeah, I am going to fix it.

I don't see the cops getting touchy around the northeast with all 6 on... however if they wanted to bust your balls... they sure will.

Um thats for-sure but unlikely for lights. They can take their click it or ticket and stick it up their ass too. :mad:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
yeah you 03+ guys got it easy. its much more complicated for the 01-02 guys to get all 6 on. i finally figured it out but still need to figure out how to get the high beam indicator to turn when the highs are on

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I know I looked into it on a 2001 Suburban... hoping it would be as eazy as the newer trucks... PITA in comparison.

Ya and for the money the Harness Kennedy Diesel sells is a nice piece for plug and play IMO for us 01/02 guys. Could it be done cheaper? Probably but for those who want something heavy duty that looks OEM and plug and play no splicing nuttin everything under the hood that draws 12 volt right from the alternator it's a nice piece. I balked about the price years ago and thought it was a rip off but once I bought it and received it I changed my mind.

In addition the Phillips Rally bulbs are second to NONE IMO. They are hard to get although as they're illegal in the states. I've ran Silverstars and others and they're junk compared to Phillips bulbs. I had a Silverstar blow up and ruin a headlight bucket on me! Boy was I pissed

Nothing beats all 4-on on a dark road,it's assume! Well the 100 watt bulbs really help. :D

What sucks is I believe they have discontinued these bulbs. I have a few extras,thankfully.

One of the best things I did to my truck is install this.

Last edited:

scratchrob13

<---30+ psi (both)
Jun 18, 2008
I fixed that wiring job on friday... here is a Blackberry Shot of the wiring. It is one feed from the 85 pin of the Highbeam relay, split into two diodes, one going to the 85 pin of the lowbeam, the other to the Fog 85pin.
viewimage.jpg

Question, do you guys notice the fog light for a split second loses power coming from Highbeam-lowbeam on the stalk? I think the databus must be slow to turn on the fogs when switching the highbeam off... it doesn't hurt anything, but makes the fogs flick off for a nanosecond as I come from High-Low.

Last edited:

Odyssey25013

DF Regect
Nov 9, 2010
CT
The lows and fogs dim slightly when i put the highs on and when the highs are turned off they flash quite brightly for a split second

Sharks06LLY

May 15, 2010
Tampa Fl
i have all six of mine come on as well and i have hids in them all, u want to talk about people being pissed of its crazy lol, i havent noticed if they fogs dim when i turn on my highs but i will say driving with all six on at night u sure arent gonna miss much