Airdog 100, 150, 165?

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
As for mounting, we are getting ready to come out with a new mounting bracket that will end all the issues with different bed and cab configs, it's just going through it QC stages and approvals.

Hopefully it mocks Tony's setup. I like that and had planned on doing the same one day.

So there's no need for a df-200 for most people ?

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
How is Tony's mounted? I've never seen it.

Not usually. Only on the heavy fueling trucks. But, what typically happens at that point is based on the size of the filters they have a tough time recovering fuel so psi may drop a bit more when using a normal AD on those trucks. That's why i was suggesting the class 8 unit that has the larger base and filters to make sure there is always fuel in there.

I've been wondering if there was anyone out there that made an adaper or larger filter to fit the normal base threads. This way you could put the class 8 filters on it.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
Airdogs suck IMO I have sold a few they almost all have failed within a year Fass pumps I've sold way more of an have only had two fail an one was mine Fass also has much better customer service then airdog again this is just my opinion as for draw steal if you do right I have ran my tank till the light was on an it died right at the station :D I wouldn't do it the rear though. The Fass an airdog do the same damn thing but I've had better luck with Fass I like Fass mounting better to

Jscherbs

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Oct 27, 2009
Canton, MI
I bought my little bitch lift pump with 10k on it about 40,000k miles / 2 years ago and its running stong! :woott:

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
My A.D 150 is 3 years old and has been in the N.Y. elements/salt the whole time and still works perfect;) I thought I read that the fass and a.d. pumps were the same internally or very close if not?:confused:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
As i understand it The developers of each used to work together and when one left, he started air dog? Might even be father/son? Can't remember details. Been years. There was a nasty thread about it back in the day. But yes, as I understand it, they're very similar designs.

I wish they weren't so damn expensive, I'd like an AD150.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
As i understand it The developers of each used to work together and when one left, he started air dog? Might even be father/son? Can't remember details. Been years. There was a nasty thread about it back in the day. But yes, as I understand it, they're very similar designs.

I wish they weren't so damn expensive, I'd like an AD150.

Yeah thats how I remember it, Father/Son dispute,,,,son started A.D. IIRC...

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
Yep they are father son same basically inside I just see a high failure rate with airdogs I've sold they work great when they work course I know a Guy with a Fass that three fail so? Bad batches of both maybe I'm just particular to Fass :D I like the raptor pumps airdog has though

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
Airdogs suck IMO I have sold a few they almost all have failed within a year Fass pumps I've sold way more of an have only had two fail an one was mine Fass also has much better customer service then airdog again this is just my opinion as for draw steal if you do right I have ran my tank till the light was on an it died right at the station :D I wouldn't do it the rear though. The Fass an airdog do the same damn thing but I've had better luck with Fass I like Fass mounting better to

I have probably sold and/or installed over 100 AirDog 150 lift pumps and only had 2 of them have issues. Mine was still working but had slowly gotten louder and I was able to drain it to low PSI easier and easier - as soon as I called (over 2 year old pump) they sent a brand new one, no questions asked. I just replaced another a few weeks ago that had been on over 2 years - they sent a new pump on a refurbished base with no problems.

IIRC AirDog was the father, FASS was the son that copied it - there have been court cases about patent infringement but FASS changed just enough to get away with it, some of which made it not do as good of a job at separating air.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
IIRC AirDog was the father, FASS was the son that copied it - there have been court cases about patent infringement but FASS changed just enough to get away with it, some of which made it not do as good of a job at separating air.

This :thumb:

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
I bought my 12 valve with a fass 150 on it and it took a shit after 13 months of being put on the truck. And I know a hand full off people that have had a bad time with fass pumps. But u talk to fass and they say AirDog is copying them lol. What a joke

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
I have probably sold and/or installed over 100 AirDog 150 lift pumps and only had 2 of them have issues. Mine was still working but had slowly gotten louder and I was able to drain it to low PSI easier and easier - as soon as I called (over 2 year old pump) they sent a brand new one, no questions asked. I just replaced another a few weeks ago that had been on over 2 years - they sent a new pump on a refurbished base with no problems.

Fass is the original I thought but who knows who cares an ya I dunno I've only sold put on 15-20 ish airdogs and I've seen iirc 10 fail put on idunno how many Fass pumps but I've only had 2 fail?? Maybe some people just called Fass direct an got it worked out I don't see how either one works any better there both the same design just different plumbing IMO. To each his own like I said airdogs work great when they work same with Fass! I actually have a spare 165? Iirc laying around slightly used I might be selling

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
Fass is the original I thought but who knows who cares an ya I dunno I've only sold put on 15-20 ish airdogs and I've seen iirc 10 fail put on idunno how many Fass pumps but I've only had 2 fail?? Maybe some people just called Fass direct an got it worked out I don't see how either one works any better there both the same design just different plumbing IMO. To each his own like I said airdogs work great when they work same with Fass! I actually have a spare 165? Iirc laying around slightly used I might be selling

Pm me how much you want for the 165

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In

Actually Fuel Preporator was the original, which was owned by Charlie, the founder of Airdog, but like you said who cares. They might both pump fuel and filter water but that's where the similarities end. We use different motors, rotors, mounting hardware, the bases are different, filters are different and as you stated our plumbing is different.

I'm not saying we're the shit and they suck, just simply clearing up any confusion. :thumb: