LBZ: A few rail pressure issues

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Since I completed the swap, I've had a few rail pressure problems. Over the weekend when I got it running, one time I started it, it sounded a bit loud, and it threw a "rail pressure too high" code. Rail pressure was around 10k @ idle. Shut it down and restarted and it was fine. Today, while driving I had a few instances where it fell on it's face. I did some watching of data and found that when it falls on it's face, the rail pressure is tanking. Which is the more likely culprit: Regulator or FPRV? right now it has the stock FPRV and regulator, but I have a race "valve" sittin gin my LLY rail for the moment. I also have a WD modded LBZ regulator in on my LLY CP3. Given the high rail pressure over the weekend, I'm leaning towards the regulator being "sticky". Thouhts?

On an unrelated note, I reset the fuel filter minder in the DIC and in like 10 miles it had reset to 0. :confused: Kinda strange.... Anyone seen that before?

Killerbee

Got Honey?
Once upon a time, I saw very strange, uncommanded swings in rail pressure while messing around with LBZ tuning. I think it was when using a non-zero value in B1115, hence the warning in the description now.

I only mention it because you had mentioned using a different accelerator. Don't know if there is any connection, but maybe.

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
I'm running the proper LBZ pedal now; I had the wrong one initially and was only trying to get it work long enough to get the LBZ pedal. That was a fail, as no matter what, the ECM would not accept the gasser pedal.

I'm running mostly bone stock tuning, with only some "small" stuff changed like vane position tables for turbo braking, opened vanes at idle, EGR disabled, some DTCs such as EGR & IAH disabled, and spedometer corrected.

It happened like twice last wednesday, but hasn't happened since.