LB7: 600 idle speed

DMAX403

Sep 22, 2010
Mackay, Qld, Australia
So I gave this a go and lowered the idle to 600 but it doesn't actually return to 600 until you come to a complete stop otherwise it just stays at 680. Did I do something wrong?

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Just FYI, for some that are having trouble with scripts....

We are talking like 2 tables here...And only a couple parameters within those tables...Why a script? lol.

Seems like much when you can just go to your tables and make 2 quick adjustments in the ECT area you want it to idle at desired...lol.

:cool:

I don't even know how to script so I was wondering the same thing :spit: I had the 600 rpm idle along time ago, but had some weird noise from what sounded like the transmission so I changed it back. Alot times I put my truck into N at a stoplight because it wants to push thru the brakes, I can only imagine yalls trouble with it.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Rolling idle mm33's are different than stopped idle mm3's :)

Exactly, there are 2 modes, moving and stopped. Gotta change em both if you want it to be the same. You can also change the speed at which it changes from one to the other.

These settings must not be in my 6006 ECM OS. I changed the idle table and the idle run tables as well as the minumum injected quantity while moving and it idles at 600 all the time.

DMAX403

Sep 22, 2010
Mackay, Qld, Australia
Ok you guys have totally lost me. (not hard lol) When I click on the idle tab all that comes up underneath it is 'base idle speed' BO701 so thats what I changed.

When I put in B1201 into the navigator bar it comes up with 'Timing base, no pilot #2 or #3' table. And BO756 comes up as not found.

This is on an lbz os 52606128, feel free to tell me how retarded I am, I really have no idea what i'm doing.

DMAX403

Sep 22, 2010
Mackay, Qld, Australia
Exactly, there are 2 modes, moving and stopped. Gotta change em both if you want it to be the same. You can also change the speed at which it changes from one to the other.

So I had forgotten about this for a while but am really keen to sort it out before going on a 4wding trip.

Can anyone tell me how I find the 'moving idle speed' table so I can change it as well. Sorry for being such a noob with efi.

Mike_S

OOPS!
Nov 18, 2009
Idaho
Not 100% sure that those tables (moving and parked idle speed) are available on the engine controllers after the lly...i'll do some checking tonight and see if i can find out for you.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
I just got done looking through several LB& and LLy tunes I have, and I don't see anything but the idle speed tables and then teh idle run mode RPM breakpoint table. I also don't see in any of them a speed setting to change between a stopped idle speed and a moving idle speed. I've seen these tables in gasser tunes, but not in any of the diesel tunes I have. What I have seen that would cause the idle speed to be higher than desired while moving is the minumum injection quatity while moving table could cause a higher idle speed when moving. I'm running a 6006 02 OS and have changed several cells in B0701, B1201, and B0756. My idle speed is 600 when I'm above about 175 degrees coolant temp and below 190 or so. At 198 it begins to ramp up the idle speed to increase teh fan speed. I know 01 had a 600 idle, and 02LB7- LBZ's had a 680 idle speed. Don't set it at 650 as this can give you a NASTY harmonic vibration in the vehicle, tried this before and it didn't sound good.

DMAX403

Sep 22, 2010
Mackay, Qld, Australia
hey Bryan. have you tried the other brake pads i have suggested yet?

or try scuffing yr pads.. maybe glazed bad.

Nah mate, jeez I'm slack hey! Heath was saying he could lock the wheels up quite easily on that gold ti he did using those pads so I'll definitely be giving them a go just gotta get around to it.