4in lift in lmm

bevi

Jan 17, 2010
Nh
anyone running a 4inch lift in a new body style? what kinda lift is it and how do you like it? i wana get one but all i can find is 6in lifts. any info would help thanks.

sik 07

Dec 26, 2009
I got a rancho lift on mine. Rides good I just don't like the red torsion bar hangers. I bought the truck lifted so I don't know where they purchased the lift

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
I have a buddy who also has a rancho and he likes it. Mine is a procomp 6" that I have the bars pretty low and put a smaller block in the back to give it a 4" lift. Rides pretty decent also.:thumb:

bevi

Jan 17, 2010
Nh
i was thinking about getting a 6in then just lowering it just wasnt sure how they would ride. seems to be easier to get a 6in.

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
I would get the 6" and drop the bars all the way some manufacturers 6" lifts are actually 4" lifts anyways unless the bars are cranked my fabtech is a true 6" lift I would have to do trimming to fit 35" tires or crank the bars up some. Cognito makes a nice 4" lift with no torsion bar drop but its expensive.

bevi

Jan 17, 2010
Nh
Iv seen the cognito and they are very nice but im not gona drop that coin on a lift even though itd be nice. think ill just end up with a 6 and lowering it like you have said. hows you truck ride?

Swisstyphoon

Jan 2, 2010
Ft. Lauderdale FL/Switzerland
I went with the Cognito and love it.
Alot of pulling guys are using the 4" Tuff Country Lift Kit and like it!
There are a few threads on here.
http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39157
Here some pics I just found:

4" Tough Country on the LMM.

Here it is when I got it put on around 20,000 miles....110,000 now and no problems with anything.

Congnito braces and HD tie rods.

465323125_gYPXe-L.jpg

465323776_AukCo-L.jpg

797143275_hRDtX-L.jpg

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
Iv seen the cognito and they are very nice but im not gona drop that coin on a lift even though itd be nice. think ill just end up with a 6 and lowering it like you have said. hows you truck ride?

It'd ride better if the original owner didn't put 3 shocks at each wheel up front other than that its great, when I free up some cash and the front end needs redoing I'm going to keep the dual shock hoops but switch to cognito UCAs and dual fox reservoirs

yitsock

May 11, 2012
I have a 4.5" BDS on mine, so far I love it. I run 35" and tow heavy occasionally with zero issues. I had to trim the fenders to get the 35"s to fit, but well worth it in my opinion.

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

lifted2.jpg

Damn, looks way better with BSM removed...

Picture010.jpg

Picture009.jpg

nexttoGMT800front.jpg

backleft.jpg

yitsock

May 11, 2012
I didn't do the lift myself, cost was just under what was listed on the bds site. I think lift tires, install was right around $5k. I also had a few other small things done like sleeves, rear spacers...

SamG10

Feb 21, 2013
What size exact wheel/tire/offset/backspace combo?

I have a 4.5" BDS on mine, so far I love it. I run 35" and tow heavy occasionally with zero issues. I had to trim the fenders to get the 35"s to fit, but well worth it in my opinion.

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

lifted2.jpg

Damn, looks way better with BSM removed...

Picture010.jpg

Picture009.jpg

nexttoGMT800front.jpg

backleft.jpg

What are all the exact specs of your wheels (size, offset, backspace), your tires, and exactly what all did you have to trim? And there has to be some rubbing somewhat. How bad is it?

yitsock

May 11, 2012
Wheels are exactly as spec'd on bds website. There is rubbing, but only backing up at full lock on one side near cab on right side. It wouldn't rub at all if I would have done a better job of trimming the liner. I did do the small fender mod as shown on other websites.

If I were to crank up the TB I wouldn't have any rubbing unless I went off road. It didn't rub all that bad when I was at the sand dunes last year.