2wd?

metron

Sep 13, 2012
Buffalo, NY
Anyone pulling with a 2wd? I would image it could be done cuz its all about weight transfer to the rear drive wheels, but im looking for anyone's experience or input.

Sledheadxp800r

That was only my tow tune
Dec 13, 2010
CT
There's a 2wd duramax that pulls out my way that will hang the front tires all the way down the track and beat most of the 4x4 trucks around. Thing hooks hard. :thumb:

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Looks like a couple rough passes on the boobtube too. Ripped the hitch off in one? Driveshaft in this one? looks/sounds pretty neat though.

[YOUTUBE]TWR-2B__grY[/YOUTUBE]

derek06

Feb 6, 2012
massachusetts
I think he's broke 3 steel drive shafts 2 yokes off the trans and I believe a ring and pinion. The hitch was his own fault he cut it out said he was done pulling and the afternoon of the pull he was welding it back in... It didn't hold so well.:rofl:

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I think he's broke 3 steel drive shafts 2 yokes off the trans and I believe a ring and pinion. The hitch was his own fault he cut it out said he was done pulling and the afternoon of the pull he was welding it back in... It didn't hold so well.:rofl:
That was a riot. He drove by me and I asked him where he was headed. He responded somthing like "O have to show these boys what truck pulling looks like" Left the parking lot for the hour or so drive home and was back hooked to the sled in less than 3 hours hahaha

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
and then there was the time(times) it lit on fire at the end of the track. No big deal, just make sure next pass you have an extinguisher handy lol

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I don't think they would work very good with a big turbo on them. But there's also a guy local here that had a 2wd cummins that ran pretty good a few years ago

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Yes and it was the gooseneck that ripped out on him.

Interesting. Kind of like a semi hitch for pulling (except the big boys, changed them and now they dont twist the frame wheelstanding as much anymore)

Big turbo would be tricky, part of the art of 2wd pulling is feathering the throttle right out of the hole. Main reason turbocharged alky's haven't been used by many and rarely stay at the top. They run good when everything is perfect, but they are touchy.

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Interesting.

Big turbo would be tricky, part of the art of 2wd pulling is feathering the throttle right out of the hole. Main reason turbocharged alky's haven't been used by many and rarely stay at the top. They run good when everything is perfect, but they are touchy.

Unless they are in a super stock tractor - then the diesel boys want nothing to do with them.:rofl: