Question: -21offset 20x10 285/50R20

jnieberlein

Secret Squirrel Diesel
Aug 17, 2009
West By God
Anybody running a -21mm offset 20x10 wheel. I have searched and found -12mm and -44mm. I am wondering how much they are gonna stick out on an 06 body-style. If anyone has a down the side or fender shot that would be awesome. Thinking of running a 285 tire so they are not quite as wide

jnieberlein

Secret Squirrel Diesel
Aug 17, 2009
West By God
Thank you,

If you had to guess how much past the front fender does the tire stick out looking straight down on it? We are not allowed to have our tires stick out past the fenders in my state and I am trying to figure out if I am going to get pulled over daily, weekly or by monthly :D

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
My LBZ with 20x10 5" BS, -12 offset on 285/50/20.

Damn that's a sweet truck, isn't that your old one? And it looks an awful lot like slammedlbz's truck he's selling, didn't I read he bought it from you? Or am I confused....again

Anyways.... Here's a couple pic's of my wheel and tire package, they are 18x10 wheels with a 4.5 bs and a -12mm offset with a 285/75/18 tire. A -21 would push them out another 3/8", roughly

From the front bumper looking up a little

picture.php

From the top looking down

picture.php

Don't look like they poke very far, right?

Now I will tell you I am running a 4" cognito lift and upper control arms, the lift is set @ 4", cognito utilizes a 1/4" or so spacer between the c/v and front diff connection, so there is that to consider as well...

Last edited:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Now....check this out, no b.s or guessing here, the tape shows 2 7/8" of poke, and the level is not plumb, so you are not getting a true mark of where the tire sits on the ground, I held the level tight to the wheel and the wheel has a bit of camber in it
picture.php

They poke quite a bit, and again, wheel is an 18x10 with 4.5" bs and a -12 offset with a 285/75/18 tire, thanks to my lovely wife for taking such a wonderful picture of me, laugh all you want f'ers
:roflmao:
:spit:

:hug:

Last edited:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
I like your wifes truck, when did you get the BMW:roflmao:

Ha ha :rolleyes:

My wife Got the BMW 335is about 3 months ago, it's a 2011 and had only 4,200 miles on it, traded my modified 11' vw golf TDI for it, man I miss the golf, it was sweet, but the truck is my baby and original project and dream machine, and it's coming together nicely and it was unfair of me to have two sweet modified vehicles, even though they are just as much hers, niether of them are what she wants/wanted. The BMW is a whole nother monster, just waiting for me to massage it a lil, I'm thinking some "down pipes"(same as up pipes) and a Berger tune is enough to wake it up and unleash the beast, which is the N54 twin turbo inline six that is under the hood, it is the M sport package so it's already got the good suspension and staggered 19" wheels and all the traction control goodies, and let me tell ya it grips and rips pretty well in stock trim. The mods I have planned will add roughly 110-125 whp...:angel: but the wifey wants to wait till it hits at least 20k miles

jnieberlein

Secret Squirrel Diesel
Aug 17, 2009
West By God
Thanx for the pics HOT COCOAL, i think for my purposes the tread is all that matters, but I appreciate you taking the side wall into account, I guess time will tell whether " the man" is going to let them slide or not :roflmao:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Thanx for the pics HOT COCOAL, i think for my purposes the tread is all that matters, but I appreciate you taking the side wall into account, I guess time will tell whether " the man" is going to let them slide or not :roflmao:

I measured from where the tread edge is, in the same fashion(with a level) and the tread is past the stock fender flare by 1 3/4" take into account the spacer I mentioned earlier, used in my lift, and the wheel and tire set up I am using should be some where between 1 1/4" - 1 1/2" past the fender flare of a stock suspension rig, if you have fender flares, a deeper back spacing will help, like 5 1/4" will tuck pretty good on most any lift or drop and works with stock
:thumb: