2012 LML loud squealing after full EGR delete

TransporterGuy

Mar 5, 2015
Colorado or North Carolina
Hi folk, I just completed the full egr delete on my 2012 LML and now I have a very loud squeal when boost starts to build up. From what I've read it could be the up pipe gaskets, the Downpipe and the turbo intake. Anyone have any luck fixing this? I need the truck for the weekend so I'm thinking of taking it to a shop. BTW the lml full delete is a tough job.

aklbz

Jan 8, 2015
Hi folk, I just completed the full egr delete on my 2012 LML and now I have a very loud squeal when boost starts to build up. From what I've read it could be the up pipe gaskets, the Downpipe and the turbo intake. Anyone have any luck fixing this? I need the truck for the weekend so I'm thinking of taking it to a shop. BTW the lml full delete is a tough job.

Leak somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
Replace the brakes.. lol just had to throw that in..

I'd check intercooler boots and clamps, as well as the up pipes. If it's up pipe related you should be able to see the soot where it's leaking. But the up pipe flange gaskets will act like a reed if they're not sealed up.

TransporterGuy

Mar 5, 2015
Yes i used a new Up pipe from Rudy's Diesel, I also used a sinister diesel delete kit. Should the blue blocker plate use the metal gasket? I only installed it with the rubber one that it came with. I also read that the gaskets for the up pipe have to face a certain direction, but I can't find anywhere where it tells me which way.

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
If you didnt line up your up pipe gaskets right this can happen. You can get the 3 holes for bolts to line up but the gasket big port will not line up right. You have to make sure you install up pipe gaskets correct.

TransporterGuy

Mar 5, 2015
Ok, I'm checking right now both gaskets on the up pipe. Is there a way to tell they are sitting right or what side they face also what is the torque for them thanks so much for the help so far. I was really just going to take it to shop but now I'm confident I can fix it.

TransporterGuy

Mar 5, 2015
So after I checked everything I had two issues one my downpipe clamp was loose. But the squealing was definitely the up pipe gaskets one did not sit correctly and it had two bent tabs. I reassembled correctly and torqued to the 45 lb. It stopped it. Thanks guys, I must of not noticed this is, I was literally finishing a few hours before New years eve so I was in a rush. On a side note. The full egr cooler delete is great it really opens up the engine bay and makes it more manageable for future work.

Reactions: Redandblackbeauty