2010 duramax allison 6 spd p0708

shane1

Oct 9, 2016
Hi I have a customers truck that has just started throwing a p0708 fault code, im guessing its either the wiring harness or the range switch in the trans , but how do I prove it? does anyone have a pinout from the plug on the trans or a wiring diagram? id just replace everything except here in Australia parts aren't that easy to come across.
any advice would be appreciated
Cheers Shane

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Hi I have a customers truck that has just started throwing a p0708 fault code, im guessing its either the wiring harness or the range switch in the trans , but how do I prove it? does anyone have a pinout from the plug on the trans or a wiring diagram? id just replace everything except here in Australia parts aren't that easy to come across.
any advice would be appreciated
Cheers Shane

Need more info.

shane1

Oct 9, 2016
it randomly starts to flash the line under the gear position and wont select any gears. Key on and off a few times and it kicks back into life. have the scan tool hooked up to it now but it wont play up grrr. How is the dash display activated does it work off the range switch in the trans as well, it always shows the correct selected gear just the line flashes and it wont engage anything and says shift denied.

shane1

Oct 9, 2016
do the tcm's fail ? are all the A50 2009+ tcms interchangeable (I can flash the tunes between them ).
if they do fail is it a pcb issue that can be repaired?
thx for the help

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Temporarily ground the tcm case and see if it fixes the issue. The tcm's have a weak grounding system that can be affected by a stray spark or arc.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Been a lot of low post guys looking for help while they are charging big money to fix these things and want help. These guy will never contribute here. They are mooches.
From now on, unless you have a decent post count and a record of contributing to this forum, I will not help you. I suggest the membership here do the same. We are being used by morons.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Ive been wondering when you would finally say, "Ive had enough", Mike. Funny part is, they'll be the ones acting offended that you wont help 'em.
I dont understand that mentality.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Been a lot of low post guys looking for help while they are charging big money to fix these things and want help. These guy will never contribute here. They are mooches.
From now on, unless you have a decent post count and a record of contributing to this forum, I will not help you. I suggest the membership here do the same. We are being used by morons.

Great idea I've started doing it on the phone. I've always tried to help everyone I can but for now on unless it's customer I'm not helping anymore. There is only so much time in the day and it can't wasted on people doing things they shouldn't be. It's out of control. Everyone has few honest questions which we all do at some point but "builders" not knowing the simplist diagnostics is rediculous.

Last edited: