2006 LBZ Intermittent Steering wheel Horn

Mainecobra

Sep 19, 2014
So sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. Usually when i friggn need it to work it doesnt. Lol. So ive done some research and the contacts seem to have issues in the steering wheel when trying to acess the horn when depressed. Wondering if anyone knows a quick fix or easier solution than taking off the air bag to access the switch. Thanks guys

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Pull the airbag/horn off and check your ground wire. It us activated by ground contact. There is a springs that keeps it from making contact and when you push the horn it makes contact to blow the horn. There should be two small round holes on the idea if the airbag that you can use a small Philips screwdriver to push into and release the airbag/horn.

Mainecobra

Sep 19, 2014
Ok so when i use the screwdriver on the back of the airbag to remove will there be anychance of my airbag going off? I keep worrying about the airbag deploying if im trying to remove it. Thanks it does make sense about the ground wire though. I was wondering if this is a common issue on the 06 trucks.

Power Shift

Apr 22, 2010
Utah
I just did my brother's truck the other week. It would only honk when turning. I did not want to go through the hassle of undoing the batteries and then resetting everything so i just pulled the the airbag without unhooking them. His problem was just the contact that sits down in the steering wheel. To get it out i think you push it in and twist it counter clockwise and it should come out.