LMM: 1000rwhp duramax build.

heathgu

Mar 6, 2007
Sunshine Coast, QLD Australia
Hi everyone,

My aim is 1000rwhp on diesel.
I have the following parts
Socal Diesel 7.1 engine
Mahle Forged Piston, Carrilos rods, Drag racing cam for ported heads, 14mm head studs, main studs, billet main caps, Stage 2 cnc ported heads, valve springs, etc
15.5 compression
Internally balanced

How much fuel do I need?

I have available 100% injectors or 200% injectors? Is this going to be enough?
I have the 12mm exergy CP3, is this going to be enough on a single pump?? Do I need dual pumps? Whats the max a single had made before?
It has a Airdog II 250gph lift pump, -10 fuel lines to cp3 pump. Fuel cooler in the return circuit.

AIR/Boost, whats it going to take?

What turbo or turbo combo have in the pasts supply enough air?

I have a GTX4202r, I also have a GT45 and a GT47 available.
I would like to keep this a single turbo if possible, but if I need to build a compound setup I will. I have HSP Diesel 2 1/4 billet manifolds and up-pipes. 3" high flow intake bridge.

So what has worked in the past for you?

Thanks in advanced.

Heath

Last edited:

ghosty

May 5, 2014
Western Australia
Like you will need that much HP to drive down the pub...:D

Sounds awesome, I will be interested to see what you need to do. Feel an upgrade coming on..

Last edited:

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Hi Heath,
It sounds like you're certainly on your way to having a 1000hp Duramax. I'd say most of your questions are going to be answered by personal opinion. As such, here's mine. 100% over injectors will get you there without a doubt. Depending on application I might go with larger injectors, but if it's only going to be on the street and you want to control the smoke I'd go with 100's. Not to say you can't run larger on the street, it just becomes trickier the bigger you go. I believe Danville has already shown a 12mm pump can meet your goals, however I'd personally run 2 sportsman pumps instead unless you have to meet some race regulation. Your lift pump is fine and I wouldn't worry about it. As for the turbo, if you want to spend the money and I'm assuming you do based on your post, I'd run a GTX4508R as a single. Then you can tell me how you like it. Don't worry, plenty of other assholes are about to give you their opinions as well:D

moparkxracer

Jun 25, 2010
Out and about
I have 200 over in mine, 100's will get you the hp you said. Your build sounds abt like what we did to mine. I went fingers oval bowls though, And I didn't see the need for a stroker motor. I am running socal 6480 alt fire order cam. I am running a large set of compounds, big singles are fun. I can say that around 2,000 rpm it can become a hand full really quick... Lol. Keep us posted on your progress.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I agree with everything PACougar said. The only thing I would add is, I think compound turbos would work better, but I do agree that a GT45 should get you where you want to be.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Sounds pretty cool and sounds like you've got pretty much all you need to get there, since you've already got a GTX4202 I'd probably add a GT55 to the mix and just twin it...

Just thinking out loud, throwing this out there...
I wonder if running a big single with all the charge air upgrades and big manifolds would cause an issue spooling? Even though you've got a stroker engine pushing a lil more volume, it's doing so on a slightly longer stroke and I would think that it might not spool a big single very smoothly???

I would think twinning would be a better solution for overall drivability, and yield a better power result too since you're running 2 1/4" manifolds and whatnot, as boost is directly related to back pressure, even though with a big single you'll move allot of air you might have a fight getting the big single to spool/light up???

One thing is fer sure...
You'll definitely make your goals with that GTX4202 turbo set up with a GT55 running 100's, 12mm pump and the AD 250...although if this is going in a Nissan Patrol space and under hood temps might just be your limiting and deciding factor
:D

I look forward to seeing where this goes
:woott:

heathgu

Mar 6, 2007
Sunshine Coast, QLD Australia
It sure is in a patrol.... Chevy1925

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.693789830669052.1073741830.409508785763826&type=3

Thanks everyone for the input, I need to keep it single turbo for now. I have limited under bonnet space. I will try the gtx4202 then the 45. If I needs twins, then I can go in that direction.

It is going to be a daily driver for the first 12 months, so I might keep the 100% for now. Then will swap over to the 200% closer to race time mid next year.

Different firing order cams, can someone point me into some info on these? First I have come across them. pm me some details if you would like (if this is classified info)

Let the opinions keep rolling in :thumb:

Last edited:

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Subd, like mentioned already, a big single can get you there but compounds could easily get you there without breaking a sweat. I understand you have limited space. I know of one truck running a TCT S480 and a single 12mm stroker pump and he hit close to 900 before other issues came into play.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
It sure is in a patrol.... Chevy1925

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.693789830669052.1073741830.409508785763826&type=3

Thanks everyone for the input, I need to keep it single turbo for now. I have limited under bonnet space. I will try the gtx4202 then the 45. If I needs twins, then I can go in that direction.

It is going to be a daily driver for the first 12 months, so I might keep the 100% for now. Then will swap over to the 200% closer to race time mid next year.

Different firing order cams, can someone point me into some info on these? First I have come across them. pm me some details if you would like (if this is classified info)

Let the opinions keep rolling in :thumb:

oh thats gunna be bad ass! please put some vids up of her when you test drive it and what not. :D

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Take lots of pictures and keep us informed. Looks awesome! Skip 1000 and go straight for 2!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
The 100%inj and a 12mm cp3 and the GTX4202R will net you right at the 1000hp at the crank. If you need the 1,000hp at the tire then do the 200%inj and the GT4508R and you will have it. The Alt cam is a must to me anymore. Should be a blast!:thumb:

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
what are your guys thoughts on 250 injectors 472/87 and gtx 5541 for streetability?
You could drive almost any size injector but large injectors in that range are difficult to keep smoke levels in what most would call acceptable at intermediate throttle positions. I have something similar and I don't recommend it for a lot of daily driving use.