1/2 TON Gasser to 2500HD LBZ

ryanerb

Apr 8, 2010
So I've never had a diesel, I have a 1/2 4.8L Chevy ext cab 4x4 gasser right now. I tow maybe 2 times a year, a trailer full of quads, and maybe a 3000lb boat. I always put crap in my bed though like a quad, motorcycle, etc. I dont know if i should make the jump to the 2500hd or just stick w/ the gasser. Since I don't tow hardly anything, it seems crazy to move to a diesel 2500hd!!

This was the truck I'm looking at getting , 2007 classic crew LBZ 4" exhaust, intake, 9.5 lift, 37" tires, 37,000 miles, 4x4, LT model. It's priced at 31k.

Attachments

• Screenshot-7.png
    Screenshot-7.png
    381 KB · Views: 44

Darius6t9

I'm the Floater. Lurking.
Aug 23, 2008
Rusk, Tx. Again
I went through the same thing awhile back. I had an 03' 6.0 gasser. Did a little research. Went ahead with the trade for my 03' Duramax. Glad I did. I actually spend less money over all on fuel for the diesel than I did for the gasser. That is running empty. And I use less fuel when towing. It's easier to upgrade for more power. And unlike a gasser for the most part. To upgrade for more power on a diesel doesn't mean you lose MPG. For a diesel, it's the other way. Mostly. You do get to a point where you start to use more fuel. And the diesels last longer before needing to be rebuilt. So in the long run, you save money. Make the trade. I PROMISE you. You won't regret it.

Loco-Mechanic

Johnny Rotten
Aug 12, 2009
Golden Valley AZ
Get the Diesel. I really can't afford to buy the Diesel, but I am doing whatever it takes to get it. We tow a horse trailer weekly. To me it's always nice to have more power available than needed :D