08 tahoe body on 07 2500 frame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dylon333

Dec 24, 2017
So this is a project i plan to start on come summer time so trying to get everything in line now. My plan was to take my wifes 06 tahoe body and put it on my 2500 lbz chassis and shorten the frame to fit. With the obvious body mount changes and driveshaft, fuel lines and the what have yous.

But now i got a guy that wants to trade his 08 tahoe for my 06. So that got me thinking what would be involved with swapping the 08 body onto the 07 classic frame? From some research it looks like they use different style communications, but wondering if anybody knows a way around this? Or do i need to just go with an lmm? If im going to do this every thing needs to work as close to factory as possible. This will be my wifes dd and i can be having her deal with any issues.

I run my trucks on waste veg oil and my wife does a crap ton of driving, has to be in a full size vehicle and cant sell her on a truck because she wants the third row seating and enclosed rear storage. is the reason for the swap, and well a 500+ hp diesel tahoe running on veg oil would just be cool in my book.

What you guys think, should i just stick with the 06 body, or step up to the 08 and have the luxury of all the new interior...if its possible?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
06 will be much easier wiring wise. Honestly unless you had an lmm I wouldn’t go new body style

dylon333

Dec 24, 2017
That's what I was afraid of. I already own both the lbz and the 06 Tahoe. And only have 7k in the lbz and only 4k into the Tahoe not taking into account I've put 30k on both of them with minimal repairs. Thinking I'll just go back to my original plan the more I sit and think on it.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
That's what I was afraid of. I already own both the lbz and the 06 Tahoe. And only have 7k in the lbz and only 4k into the Tahoe not taking into account I've put 30k on both of them with minimal repairs. Thinking I'll just go back to my original plan the more I sit and think on it.

The combo you have will be easier

I wouldn’t frame swap I would just do some research and use the Tahoe frame.

dylon333

Dec 24, 2017
I want the 2500 chassis. And the Tahoe frame is outta wack. Can't get it lined up right, have had it on the front end rack many times and on a frame rack. Nobody can tell me what's wrong with it but can't get the caster camber any where near close

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I want the 2500 chassis. And the Tahoe frame is outta wack. Can't get it lined up right, have had it on the front end rack many times and on a frame rack. Nobody can tell me what's wrong with it but can't get the caster camber any where near close

Is it leveled?

Frame swap will be a lot more work but it’s been done

dylon333

Dec 24, 2017
Yes leveled but never had an issue getting them to drive right. The lbz is leveled to and it's fine. Not really much more work, just shortening frame and maybe moving a couple mounts. Unless I'm missing something?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Frame cutting and mounts will be the easy part I feel like. But with the right effort anything is possible.

fl0w3n

Jan 8, 2015
Aren't the frames pretty different from the "cab" back on the Tahoe vs truck? Meaning under the cargo area? I thought I've read others who've wanted to do the same mention that the widths are different and there's a rise up in the frame on the trucks under the bed whereas the SUV's are flat/

dylon333

Dec 24, 2017
I don't think so.... They both have the bump up for the rear axle. I do need to get them side by side and really look at things..... I talked to a guy that used a single cab long bed truck abs the cab was a "direct bolt" other then cutting the end of the frame off and moving axle forward. But the front and middle sections were right on.

LCAC_Man

Aug 27, 2017
08 body runs on GM Low Speed Data, 06 body runs on Class 2 data...you would have to change a lot (ECM, TCM, ABS module, 4x4 module, etc...) to make it work

Status
Not open for further replies.