Zmax

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
I have been comparing and reading about running some Zmax in my oil because I watch PASSTIME all the time and they advertise that stuff solid so I bought some today and put in my oil and I really like it so far truck sounds like it runs smoother and im sure my pistons will thank me. Just gonna post this thread and see what you guys think about Zmax and other oil additives.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I use lucas fuel treatment I like lucas stuff just thought I would give zMAX a shot I dont see that it would hurt anything and if it does what it says it could save some pistons and cylinder walls on down the road.

do you really want to put that claim to the test?

minisub

6-5/6-6;Whatever It Takes
Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland, OH
Didn't the owner go to jail or at least get real close to seeing real time due to the fraud around that stuff?

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
Didn't the owner go to jail or at least get real close to seeing real time due to the fraud around that stuff?

I read something about in 2001 they was getting suid for something about the additive like it was copyed from back in WWII from the military when they used it in there engines, then it was something like mineral oil but the story dies out dont know if they couldnt prove anything was wrong with it or it was bought out in court

mmangels22

Monty Python Rules.
Feb 12, 2009
San Jose, CA
I don't know the long term claims for if the Zmax stuff actually helps protect your engine or whatever but it was not worth it to me, I just use my FPPF stuff every month and leave it alone.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
If it's good enough for Carroll Shelby, it's good enough for us.

Right?!?!?!? :D

LOL ya right... the way that ad depicts him using zmax is retarded. You think he gives two shits what is in his engine, transmission, or diffs? Absolutely not