Zex kit install

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
Ok, I am going to install a Zex dry kit on my truck, it uses the TPS for a WOT switch, anyone done this, which wire is the correct wire to use for a reference? Also I planned on drilling and tapping my intake heater delete plug for the nozzle, any reason not to??

rmallen30

Aug 12, 2009
hillsboro ohio
i have i will look at my truck tonight and reply tom. when i get to work if nobody answers before then do a search on yahoo there was a nice write up on a dmax if i rem. and i had a sd intake block that just screwed into

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Ok, I am going to install a Zex dry kit on my truck, it uses the TPS for a WOT switch, anyone done this, which wire is the correct wire to use for a reference? Also I planned on drilling and tapping my intake heater delete plug for the nozzle, any reason not to??

You want to tap the blue wire on the accelerator peddle for the TPS

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
i think part of the tps wiring is on drivers side back on firewall just to the side of the hydroboost and master cylinder

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
We got the kit installed evertyhing works, I haven't been able to try it yet, I was an idiot and screwed up the bottle heater cord. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as far as jets go? What should I run and still be safe?? Also is using the intake heater delete as a port ok, or are there issues with it? I don't want to destroy anything. I plan on trying it again Friday night @ NED.