your center link bracket

Tony Burkhard

Allseason Diesel Per.
Perhaps it has been discussed in another thread, but I'm wondering if the pitman/idler braces are still recommended while using the brace, tony. It may be a stupid question, but my understanding is the braces aren't really needed with a straight center-link, not having the roll issues that a stock center-link without the brace has. Help my ignorance.
The idler arm bracket suport and stronger idler arm pivot are recomended but the cognito kit wont work with the brace.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
I polished my diff and my brace did still 'wear in' to the plastic but seems to have stopped. My brace rubbed hard against the diff at first so I'm sure it had to get seated a little bit. Hasn't worn any farther since.

dankeith1975250

Sep 1, 2012
pa
Does not limit turning radius, and the front diff has a lip on it that u should take a grinder and polish off or plastic piece wears off really quick

DaveB

Sep 6, 2009
Northeast Indiana
Sounds great! I like the idea of this much better over the straight centerlink. I think this winter the Cognito braces will come off and I'll put this on.

Is it ok to drive around with it on a leveled truck, but then lowering the front end when I get to the track?

dankeith1975250

Sep 1, 2012
pa
Yeap i have my torsion bars (stock keyes) cranked on my daily driven truck then lower the truck down to sled pull works great u could do the same thing at the strip