your center link bracket

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
I just in stalled it today and very pleased with it. The install took no time at all to do. I started a thread about it in steering and suspension. Thanks again for a great product.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Torsion bar drop brackets a lot of times have name there. Front cross member supports between the lower control arms, or skid plate, or shocks. I guess I've never seen a lift that didn't have some sort of brand name on it. Is it a spindle or drop bracket?

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
Tony... I know you will stand by your product 100% but compared to a solid center link, would this yield the same results in the first 60' at the track? I have a solid center link that's not installed. I'm contemplating sending it back for the centerlink bracket.

Anyone have any real time results of 60' times before and after the install of the bracket?

Tony Burkhard

Allseason Diesel Per.
Tony... I know you will stand by your product 100% but compared to a solid center link, would this yield the same results in the first 60' at the track? I have a solid center link that's not installed. I'm contemplating sending it back for the centerlink bracket.

Anyone have any real time results of 60' times before and after the install of the bracket?
I think a person could see less toe-in on a launch with my brace but i have no proof.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
The way I understand it, and see it on my truck, is that the straight centerlink increases the tie rod angle, therefore decreasing turning radius slightly and causing slight tire scrubbing when turning hard. The increased angle of force (more perpendicular to) the centerlink transfers to the idler assembly brackets on the frame, and has caused those brackets to bend and twist in many different trucks. By gusseting that mount, you keep the centerlink stable under force, and in it's proper position. I don't see the "rolling" of the straight centerlink as an issue like it is with the stock centerlink.

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
Perhaps it has been discussed in another thread, but I'm wondering if the pitman/idler braces are still recommended while using the brace, tony. It may be a stupid question, but my understanding is the braces aren't really needed with a straight center-link, not having the roll issues that a stock center-link without the brace has. Help my ignorance.