Y-Bridge install

putergod

Mar 19, 2020
I'm installing the HSP Y-Bridge Kit with both intercooler tubes and inlet horn. I just finished installed a CP3 fuel pump - and that was a freaking bitch and a half!

So....
How in the hell do you get the freaking bolts started on the freaking Y-Bridge?? I have been banging my head for the past 3 hours trying to get the Y-Bridge on (yea, 3 hours on just trying to get it on - been 3 days that I have been working on the truck).
I cannot seem to get ANY of the bolt started no matter how hard I push on the Y-bridge, and yes, the nuts are completely removed from the studs - it is sitting where it goes, just wont go down far enough to install any bolts.

Thanks in advance!
Mike

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Tighten down the nuts first to pull it down. Then bolts will line up. Make sure you lube the seal. I use a long 1/4 extension with 10mm wabble socket.

jedenbeck

Aug 11, 2015
Use the original orings if your not already. New ones are extremely tight. Start the bottom nuts first and it will pull them bridge down to where you can start the top bolts.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Use the original orings if your not already. New ones are extremely tight. Start the bottom nuts first and it will pull them bridge down to where you can start the top bolts.

There is zero reason to re-use the o-rings. Put some lube on them and tighten the nuts first slowly AND evenly to bring the bridge down level.