World record!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jc64

Sep 29, 2006
Oregon
it was a Mercedes with a small trailer...

South Africa now holds a new Guinness World Record, thanks to Eugene Herbert recording the fastest towing of a standard caravan by a standard production vehicle.
Herbert, with the support of Gypsey, achieved the record late last week by clocking 223,881 km/h in a Mercedes-Benz S600, whose twin turbo 5,5-litre, V12 engine is arguably amongst the most powerful in the country.
The previous record (205,7 km/h) was achieved with a Dodge Viper GTS and the record for modified vehicles stood at 207,38 km/h.
“Last year, an attempt was made at Mafikeng airport, with a Jurgens Fleetline towed by a Mercedes Benz ML500 that achieved a best of 174 km/h. Tests showed it was possible to reach 200 km/h within 1,5 km, so with a 3 km run way available at Hoedspruit we were confident of reaching 210 km/h and still having room to stop”.
While the recommended maximum towing speed for a caravan is 100 km/h, the Guinness World Record should make caravan owners feel even more confident of the towing characteristics of South African designed mobile homes.
Dan, when did you start talking in metric? I know, it's quoted

Congratulations guys :thumb: Great job.

jc

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
I always wished top gear would have had a built diesel pickup on there. I saw one episode where they had the racing semi spinning doughnuts in a parking lot. I mean Diesel pickups are the hotrods of today...:D

That looks freaking fun. 141 with a trailer is insane... So if theoretically I wanted to tow my camper at 140mph... what all would I need done to it dan.. (rear end gears, turbos, injectors, ect..)

I think they just showed the guys working on a motor, it's def not the motor that went in the white truck shown. I'm pretty sure that that motor was dmitri's that they showed them wrenching on though.