Work shoes

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Is the king toe breathable and we'll ventilated? I damn near can wring my socks out after a long day, I've always been a huge fan of Redwing boots until they stopped making my favorite in safety toe, I can't do steel toe because I have to go through metal detectors every day

No, it's all leather, but my feet don't sweat any more than usual in them. They have a very wide toe and is supposed to "breathe" better than others.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
I have been wearing bates since work mandated we wear safety shoes and I can't complain, they shed heat well and are not that heavy. Replaced laces with paracord and still rocking em.

These guys
https://www.amazon.com/Bates-Weather-Composite-Military-Tactical/dp/B074R8R15Y

That being said, I grabbed a pair of Salomon ultra GTX hiking boots and love those things. No safety toe but, I can wear em all day and not have knee/leg fatigue.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I have been wearing bates since work mandated we wear safety shoes and I can't complain, they shed heat well and are not that heavy. Replaced laces with paracord and still rocking em.

These guys
https://www.amazon.com/Bates-Weather-Composite-Military-Tactical/dp/B074R8R15Y

That being said, I grabbed a pair of Salomon ultra GTX hiking boots and love those things. No safety toe but, I can wear em all day and not have knee/leg fatigue.

interesting, thanks for the info. i need something that doesn't get hot and sweaty, although i prefer low cut boots i might try them

Hunhow

Feb 16, 2022
Considering the fact that you work with welding, which means being exposed to high temperatures, that you really should pay attention to the fact that the leather that is on your shoes is able to withstand such temperatures. Because if she's not capable of it, you'll have to change your shoes almost every month. And this is not the cheapest pleasure, is it? I found work boots using the forstep style website. Now I can safely navigate rough terrain and not worry about my safety. Try to find something and you.

Last edited:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Considering the fact that you work with welding, which means being exposed to high temperatures, that you really should pay attention to the fact that the leather that is on your shoes is able to withstand such temperatures.
threads 3 years old and this is your first post?

Reactions: 2004LB7