Window Net Pictures

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
I usually never have any issues not having one except when we run at Schieds. The tech is pretty strict. Anyone have some pictures in how they did a window net? I need to get mine done asap. Thanks

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
This is in the race truck. Basically same set-up in my drag car. Seat belt clip on the lower front and three steel grommets on the other 3 corners. The way it works is , unclick the seat belt latch and pull it forward to pull the lower rod out of the grommet. I then tuck it up out of the way wedged on top of the roll cage. The rods have holes with cotter pins in case i want to pull it all the way out of the truck.

Attachments

• window net.jpg
    window net.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 92
  • front lower net.jpg
    front lower net.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 81
  • top front net.jpg
    top front net.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 78
  • rear bottom net.jpg
    rear bottom net.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 65

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
This is in the race truck. Basically same set-up in my drag car. Seat belt clip on the lower front and three steel grommets on the other 3 corners. The way it works is , unclick the seat belt latch and pull it forward to pull the lower rod out of the grommet. I then tuck it up out of the way wedged on top of the roll cage. The rods have holes with cotter pins in case i want to pull it all the way out of the truck.

Our cummins is pretty damn close to what Rob has.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
On my minivan, I do basically what you guys did, but upside down. I put the seatbelt latch on the top, then you fold the net down out the window, with the bottom fixed in place. But the class the minivan runs in requires the doors welded shut, so you're climbing in and out the window anyway, so having the net fold down instead of up is a bit quicker.

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
I've seen that way also Dave but as i use my door and swing out door bar, i went this route.

I have seen working door cars that used the latch up top and then used a cable holding the front of the bottom rod downward. Then the whole thing will collapse downward when unclipped. I'm not sure about the legality of this though.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Thanks for taking the time to share pictures and info Rob. Mine also has the swing out bar so that will work great on mine.

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Sure thing, you can get those seat belt latches with the male latch from summit or jegs.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
On my minivan, I do basically what you guys did, but upside down. I put the seatbelt latch on the top, then you fold the net down out the window, with the bottom fixed in place. But the class the minivan runs in requires the doors welded shut, so you're climbing in and out the window anyway, so having the net fold down instead of up is a bit quicker.

Minivan? What did I miss?:confused:

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Minivan? What did I miss?:confused:
Basically, picked up a minivan for $125 and set it up for circle track racing in the poor person RWYB class. It was built for an event at Meridian Speedway here in Idaho called the Eve of Destruction. Survived last year's race, but I missed this year because I was traveling for work. I plan to send it to the van afterlife next year. Should be a good time!

I'm with Rob, if your door still opens, have the net fold up instead of down. I wouldn't mess with cables to hold it, not sure that would pass tech everywhere.

Attachments

• IMG_20170805_153210.jpg
    IMG_20170805_153210.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited: