Will LML Allison work on LBZ???

MrJuanderful

Jan 24, 2022
Can an LML Allison be installed on an LBZ Sierra? I am aware that the bellhousings are different for the speed sensor, so I could swap that out. But will there be other issues, like the TCM? This is for a heavy service truck, I take it easy, because I do all the wrenching on it.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Can an LML Allison be installed on an LBZ Sierra? I am aware that the bellhousings are different for the speed sensor, so I could swap that out. But will there be other issues, like the TCM? This is for a heavy service truck, I take it easy, because I do all the wrenching on it.

LML output shaft is different from 01-10 so the LBZ transfer case will not bolt up to it.

MrJuanderful

Jan 24, 2022
LML output shaft is different from 01-10 so the LBZ transfer case will not bolt up to it.
Thanks for that. Can the transfer case input receiver spline/ shaft be changed to work? I am going to open up the transfer case while I have it out .

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Personally, I think you're wasting your time. You'll be better off selling the LML trans and putting that money toward an overhaul in the future vs trying to swap parts around to make them work.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
^^^ 2x. the money you can get for selling the LML transmission will go a long way towards a built transmission which will be better than either transmission you have now

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Lml trans works off a different strategy and will not hold up to the early engines. The LML trans was built for mileage, not power.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Not to mention the valve bodies are different. 01-10 had a basic set pressure regulator setup, 11+ gives the TCM control over line pressure. And the extension housing uses a completely different transfer case bolt pattern.

MrJuanderful

Jan 24, 2022
Thanks guys. I will drop this transmission as soon as I can get some snow cleared. I dont want to jam up the shop for an extended time. I will go with the rebuild asap.

Reactions: LBZ