white haze from under hood?

bigboytoy426

Jun 30, 2012
grand rapids michigan
recently, just had all 8 injectors replaced ( free to me). after i just purchased the truck. Just got the truck back and I am noticing white haze/smoke coming out of the drivers side headlight. It can only be seen at night with the head lights on. As soon as i open the hood you cant see because it is giving more room to escape. There is oily sludge bulid up underneath the engine but oil is full. Havent seen any drips or anything. When i crawled under i noticed there is build up on the power steering pump and looks like my windshield wiper fluid might be leaking a little bit. It DOES NOT SMELL from what i can tell ( the smoke) . I dont know if it did it befroe the injector change or not because it smoked out the tail pipe before. Its not alot of smoke but a haze. Any suggestions on what it could be?

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Ya I'd say it's probably just crankcase ventilation myself. Just check to see if you have ,or shouldn't have, fuel in your oil to be on the safe side.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Sounds slightly normal to me if your oil level is at the correct height. I've noticed this on my truck, especially after a recent oil change.

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Pcv. Mine has a slight haze, seen at night through the headlights. Comes from the pcv lines.

bigboytoy426

Jun 30, 2012
grand rapids michigan
its so light i cant really tell if it has a smell or not. the only thing i can smell seems normal because obviously the engine is not scentless. i checked the oil for fuel. Couldnt really get it to " drip " on the paper towel but when i touched it the oil would soak in but didnt really see any type of halo around it. I was wondering if it was steam or smoke but its hard to tell because soon as you open the hood it goes away. Coolant is full and the truck doesnt overheat..the hottest i seen it was just about 200 degree's on a pretty hot day. so far it seems like one thing after another with this truck. Got injectors fixed and on the way home it threw a service engine code. one code was for " glow plug/heater circuit A" and the other was for fuel regulator the dealership said. ITs goin back tomorrow, they said they had to put a extension on the regulator? ( thats what the recepetionist told me ) not really sure what that meant. the glow plug code is probably from a fualty glow plug control module from what i heard.