White/gray smoke when warm

CDmax16

Mar 3, 2018
NNV
Can anyone help me figure out what to do next to diagnose why my truck started blowing white smoke. I have only been able to get it to do it once the truck is up to temp and accelerating, it will start to smoke a little at idle and then leaves a pretty good cloud when I get going. Truck has about 64000 on it.
The smoke smells like exhaust, not oil or coolant. No codes, balance rates are good. I didn’t do PCV reroute but did install a catch can, it had maybe a teaspoon of oil in it. Oil is about 1/2 quart low at about 3500 miles. Coolant level is good. Truck starts, idles and runs fine and the mileage has been consistent. I switched between a sport tune and tow tune and it didn’t seem to change the amount of smoke.
You guys got any ideas I could try next?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
then it's probably one or more of the other 8. white smoke is almost always unburnt diesel. you can also check the compression

Reactions: Bdsankey

CDmax16

Mar 3, 2018
NNV
I’m looking at diesel compression testers now, I have a gas one that only goes to 300#.
I have a couple of videos of it, I’ll try and figure out how to post or link them.