Which Intercooler?

OleBlackyLBZ

May 22, 2020
I'm considering upgrading my intercooler, I don't need anything crazy just something that will lower my egt's and a bump in power would be nice. Also would like to know of any personal experience with running a aftermarket cooler while running aftermarket turbo and intercooler tubes etc... If there are better options for the money than what I put in the poll I'm just looking for options that won't break the bank but don't want to buy a piece of junk either. Thanks

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I'm with Zak, get the Banks. It's a good chunk of change but they honestly are top tier. If you're already looking at spending $799+ just spend ~$300 extra to get the Banks (~$1110 to your door). Also the XDP X-TRA cool isn't available at this time as it is on pre-order. I've used a few of their radiators and they are decent.

OleBlackyLBZ

May 22, 2020
Ya I almost put it up there cause I knew it was popular but decided to save the $300 for something else. Haven't purchase anything yet...

OleBlackyLBZ

May 22, 2020
Does anyone think I'll see enough of a difference with an aftermarket intercooler to warrant the cost?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
if yours isnt leaking, leave it. The banks is pretty much one of the only ones that actually does what it says. your list shows china made junk, we dont recommend that crap.

c5fourj

Occasionally moving quick
Dec 20, 2014
Brighton, CO
I run an AFE intercooler on my LBZ. Very happy with the fit/ finish and my intake temps are extremely low according to my tuner. Thought I would give my 2 cents.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Does anyone think I'll see enough of a difference with an aftermarket intercooler to warrant the cost?
if yours isnt leaking, leave it. The banks is pretty much one of the only ones that actually does what it says. your list shows china made junk, we dont recommend that crap.
^This. I don't think many people will see an intercooler upgrade as beneficial until you really start making power/moving a ton of air. With that said, if yours is leaking/damaged then by all means buy once-cry once.

I run an AFE intercooler on my LBZ. Very happy with the fit/ finish and my intake temps are extremely low according to my tuner. Thought I would give my 2 cents.

The AFE also is ~$450 more than the Banks. I'm not going to say that fabricated end tanks are bad, but they will never be as strong or flow as good as cast end tanks. The fabricated tank will have much worse transitions and more dead zones where flow can get tumbled up.

OleBlackyLBZ

May 22, 2020
Lol I don't guess 675 hp is considered moving a ton of air, I know the stock one will work fine I just thought I might see some nice gains with this Danville Turbo. Honestly even if I gained 20 hp it isn't worth $1,100 though.