Where are you getting your nitrous?

yamaha537

May 26, 2011
New Jersey
Where is everyone filling their bottles? Im having a pretty hard time finding a place to fill my new bottle.
And not to mention the great state of New Jersey requires you to have a permit to do anything with nitrous.

My "local" shop gets $6.00 a pound. I called a few places in NY state and PA and some were as much as $9.00 a pound
so what is everyone paying around you?

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Where is everyone filling their bottles? Im having a pretty hard time finding a place to fill my new bottle.
And not to mention the great state of New Jersey requires you to have a permit to do anything with nitrous.

My "local" shop gets $6.00 a pound. I called a few places in NY state and PA and some were as much as $9.00 a pound
so what is everyone paying around you?

Call a race track close to you, most likely they refill on-site. But some could be picky about your bottle, if the certification is out of date You'll need to have it recertified. Those are tougher to find but a place like Air Gas will be a good place to start.

yamaha537

May 26, 2011
New Jersey
There is actually an airgas close to me and they wanted nothing to do with it. My local track doesn't fill bottles either. I searched for one of those pep boys speed shops. I wasn't aware they filled bottles there is one not real far from me and at 4.99 a pound.
Now I just have to figure out this whole permit thing. Jersey is such a joke.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
There is actually an airgas close to me and they wanted nothing to do with it. My local track doesn't fill bottles either. I searched for one of those pep boys speed shops. I wasn't aware they filled bottles there is one not real far from me and at 4.99 a pound.
Now I just have to figure out this whole permit thing. Jersey is such a joke.

Do you have a friend with a business account with Airgas? They did mine. Another option is a friend that works for a large fire dept. That has their own Cascade for SCBA and medical grade oxygen....with an adapter fitting you can fill your bottle with their system.

yamaha537

May 26, 2011
New Jersey
yeah I actually have an account with them and another welding supply company. neither of them fill in house and they want to see paper work to send it out. looks like I wont be spraying at Numidia. oh well my motor will thank me anyway.
My firehouse does not fill tanks the next town over does but Im pretty sure they dont deal with too much nitrous oxide :confused: