Wheel spacers for the rear

MoJoe

I got issues
Mar 5, 2008
Southern Maryland
I run Spidertrax on my Jeep, but I am reluctant to place them on a 3/4ton truck that tows. Any input? I hear people talk about "Fred's spacers". Is this wheeladpater.com? I want to make sure I don't skimp on quality also.

With spacers in the rear, I figured this I can run a wheel with more BS and still sit flush with the fenders.

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
I run them on the rear of both trucks, towing, sled pulling, and drag racing. Both trucks have about 40k on them with the spacers. IIRC the spacers I have are CorrectTrack Spacers. IMO they make the trucks look 100% better!!! I i towed real heavy I might not run them, but the most weight i tow is around 10-11k.

Last edited:

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
I run spacers in the rear... inch and a half. you'll have to cut your regular studs if you run inch and a half spacers.

MoJoe

I got issues
Mar 5, 2008
Southern Maryland
Thanks for the replies.

Cornell, do the spacers even out your width front to rear? After some measurements on my LMM, I came out with the rear about 3" short of the front.

Pondsy

Jan 4, 2008
Plymouth, MA
I run Spidertrax on my Jeep, but I am reluctant to place them on a 3/4ton truck that tows. Any input? I hear people talk about "Fred's spacers". Is this wheeladpater.com? I want to make sure I don't skimp on quality also.

With spacers in the rear, I figured this I can run a wheel with more BS and still sit flush with the fenders.

If you tow - go with Fred's (wheeladapter.com) as his are steel. Aluminum may be ok, but I would feel better with Steel if it were me. Just don't forget to re-torque them - I would do 100 miles, 1000 miles (at least) and then at rotation time - around 3 to 5K miles.

As was said - IIRC 1 1/2 inches is just right (at least on the OBS), but you'll have to trim the studs to make it work. I'll go with 2" from Fred when I get around to it.

MoJoe

I got issues
Mar 5, 2008
Southern Maryland
Good point on the threadlock. I still have some red from my Spidertrax spacers that I run on my Jeep. I am waiting for the wheel manufacturer to email me back the bore size of the rims. Fred wants that so he can make my spacers an exact fit, but NO emails yet...

Pondsy

Jan 4, 2008
Plymouth, MA
IIRC from reading about this on the DP - using 2" spacers in the rear gives you about a 1/2 wider track in the rear that the front.

1 1/2" spacers are supposed to be right on, but you have to clip the stock studs to make them work.