What's the best mudflaps??? What are you using?

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Alrighty guys, I've been pulled over and warned to get some mudflaps on the truck which seems ridiculous to me cuz My truck is not even lifted all that much and the tires aren't even a full 12.5" wide:confused:

Whatevs, the po are always looking to enforce their authority around here, in anyway they can :baby:

So I've been lookin at a few different options...

OEM molded ones aren't goin to cut it

Then there are some generic ones available at the auto parts stores, you can make a set out of semi flaps I suppose, and I have some pilfered ideas I'd be willing to try....

Then there's a couple seemingly solid options available from these two companies:

www.Uptruckinc.com
And
http://www.duraflap.com/lifted.html

Anyone ever used either of their products before??? The duraflap line offers more options than the uptruck line up, but the ones I'm interested in are called the KICK BACK style of flap

They aren't really all that cheap, the duraflaps go for about $160-$180 for a set of two and the uptruck ones are a ridiculous $298 for a set of two, that's just nukin futz, but a good and easily replicable idea nonetheless, and I was wondering if anyone had tried it out..

If anyone has had experiences with these companies, seen their products or even made a set of the kick back flaps themselves, I'd like to hear about it.
I'm also interested in seeing and hearing what bolt on flaps have been working for "you" if anyone would care to share...

Last edited:

duramatt05

Nov 21, 2010
sunderland, Ont
i got a 225 dollar ticket for no mudflaps a couple years ago. no lift and 285/75/16 tires that dont stick out past fenders. and i was no where near home so it wasnt worth trying to fight in court.

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I am running Duraflaps in the rear right now. I have a set of fronts to put on when the weather warms up. I like them because you don't have to drill to install them, but the hardware they provide is a little lackluster in my opinion.

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
Sounds like that cop was keeping everyone safe by pulling you over. They need to go bust meth heads and murderers.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
A lot of guys have ran duraflaps. I just made my own similar ones. That's a lot of $$$ for something that's going to get torn off when I forget to take them off before getting into the mud.

Sent from my RM-893_nam_att_206 using Tapatalk

btfarm

you know
Nov 25, 2010
Sandwich, Illinois
OEM molded work for me. 245k+ on these. Pic from last fall and one after yesterday's snowstorm

sy5u7ege.jpg
ezu3y3ah.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Stock molded work fine for us on our knarly roads, we have added a piece of 4" dense rubber to the bottoms before and it worked well to protect our boats gel coat, used the factory mounting holes to secure