What upgrades do I need most?

Crossbrand1984

Farm boys toy
Jun 17, 2016
Edmonton ky
I have a 2005 cab & chassi extended cab lly I am looking into pulling a few times a year! Was wanting opinions on what I should upgrades I should do first to make the ol truck sound so I don't break parts! Of course I know anytime you put a truck in a bind you take a chance on breaking stuff but I wanna try do get the weak points fixed! I might get a 2.5 turbo any opinions on that and should I stay with a VGT turbo? I already have fass pump, S&b intake and mouth peace, straight pipe efi live and trans tunes! Also how many Rpms should one spect to turn and what should I rad spect my EGT to run? I am running 265/75/16 tires with 3:73 gears and a limited slip rear end. Any and all opinions will be greatly appreciated! This is also my DD and my tow rig on the farm thanks and God bless!

Crossbrand1984

Farm boys toy
Jun 17, 2016
Edmonton ky
Trans is not built there is a guy coming down this fall for a week we have 3 trucks he is gonna do! I may make a few passes on the stock trans till he gets us fixed! I have heard a lot of god things about Danville chargers thinking about thier stage 2 2.5 will it be ok with heavy towing? Also some say keep the VGT and some say do away with it what's yalls thoughts?

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Trans is not built there is a guy coming down this fall for a week we have 3 trucks he is gonna do! I may make a few passes on the stock trans till he gets us fixed! I have heard a lot of god things about Danville chargers thinking about thier stage 2 2.5 will it be ok with heavy towing? Also some say keep the VGT and some say do away with it what's yalls thoughts?

Hope ya got $5000.00 laying around, if you break hard parts then more for when you destroy the transmission with either just the tuning and/or the turbocharger, good luck...:rolleyes:

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
If you're only on the max tune on the sled track (3rd low side) the stock trans may last longer than some think.

Street driving will kill the trans quick. I'd build the trans before I worried about an aftermarket charger.

Crossbrand1984

Farm boys toy
Jun 17, 2016
Edmonton ky
If you're only on the max tune on the sled track (3rd low side) the stock trans may last longer than some think.

Street driving will kill the trans quick. I'd build the trans before I worried about an aftermarket charger.

I have heard that form others also. Thought I'd give it a shot and get the feel for everything and be better prepaired next year with more Hp and a built tranny!

Crossbrand1984

Farm boys toy
Jun 17, 2016
Edmonton ky

That's the plan is to do injectors and studs next step is the trans charger will be last or if I find $10,000 laying around I'll do it all at once!! Lol

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Why would you do injectors before you did a turbo? The stock fuel system(with a lift pump) will support more horsepower then the stock turbo. You need to do some reading.