LB7: What pistons

02ilduramax

Jun 21, 2011
fulton,illinois
currently looking to purchase some pistons for my Duramax s10 will be race only 1200+hp undecieded on nitrous as of right now what is the best option out there right now ...im sure I will get a million different answers but would like to hear what will be my best option

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I’m partial to CP forged but any good forged piston (CP, Mahle, D&J, Diamond, Ross etc) or a set of ovals (cast or forged) would hold up in your usage. My CP are still doing great but didn’t get a ton of run time this season. Last season I put on ~5k miles and ~15-20 sled hooks and the blow by didn’t change etc.

If you haven’t bought rods yet either CP-Carrillo offers a nice package of their hybrid rods/pistons/wrist pins/rings/clips that save 4# of rotating mass and increase rod length by 0.202”.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
My last engine had 3 years of hell before I lost a crank and cracked the block. Fingers pistons still looked great. On my new build I'm still running fingers.

In my opinion fingers cast pistons are plenty for what any non billet crank can handle.