what paint for engine and parts

kenp313

Feb 14, 2016
I was wandering what kind of paint people are using to paint their block, valve covers , oil pan ect. I appreciate any input

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
What colors are you looking for?

I've used the VHT also, works good. And Por15 engine enamel, but it's limited on temp (350°). Por15 makes high temp but only has three colors.

kenp313

Feb 14, 2016
Not sure of color yet. I like the darker colors of blue. You guys use vht on blocks and accessories? Can krylon be used on the accessories

kenp313

Feb 14, 2016
Seems like prep is the hardest part and is kicking my a%% I tried oven cleaner on my oil pan (upper) and it took almost all the gunk off bUT left a white residue

hipp11B

Apr 1, 2015
Georgia
Seems like prep is the hardest part and is kicking my a%% I tried oven cleaner on my oil pan (upper) and it took almost all the gunk off bUT left a white residue

I use one of those green 3m sanding discs they are badass it will take it down to bare metal then I just use mineral spirits to clean it up also I use a wire wheel to get into those hard to get spots

Lbz, built trans, efi by Danville, Danville 68, full egr delete, mbrp down pipe, 5" mbrp to 7" stack, ppe guages, custom traction bars, airdog2 165, ppe fuel rail mods, s&b, afe blade runner, Arp head studs..died March 2015

Parts collected for the build. SoCal super damper, SoCal billet flex plate, SDP S400 kit, II 85% CP3, PPE manifolds/up pipes, PCV reroute. Slowly but surely lol

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Anyone more sugestions then this? Prep is going to be key I'm sure. I was thinking about wheel acid.

For color I was going to do chevy orange with black piping like fuel lines etc.

I'm just not sure I kind of like the stock sleeper look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk